autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Safest Solutions To Removing Stains in Automotive Carpet

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Outstanding write up!

I’m actually working on a very special and very personal detailing project right now.

I’ve spent two plus hours on the passenger seat and floorboard alone. I’m not sure what the heck was in/on the seat and floor but i keep pulling up something that is dark orange and thick with my little bisell extractor.

I started using a generic carpet shampoo and drill brushes (soft on seats and medium on carpet) to hit the surface stuff then moved to PS enzyme and carpet bomber using the same process. I’ve got most of it pulled up but once I think I’ve got it clean the orange stuff starts to come up again on the seats!

I probably got the foam cushion under the upholstered seat too wet causing it to seep through the upholstery again?

Next day...I just used the PS Enzyme and Carpet Bomber again but I went very light on a small spot on the seat, used a toothbrush to hit one spot and so far it’s looking much better!

The rest of the interior isn’t as bad as the passenger side so hopefully it won’t take as long.

Once I finish the entire car including the heavily oxidized single stage white paint I’ll post everything later!

Thanks again for a great write-up, definitely help me!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    DANG!!! Those carpets and seats look a whole lot better! It is possible the stain wicked back up to the surface. One other thing is your little Bissel may have not quite had enough suction power to fully suck the deeply embedded grime and stain out.

I also utilize a Bissel Spot Clean Pro. If you have steam one thing you can try as a finishing step once the seats are dry is the steam cleaning techniques I mentioned in my write up. That may help to get any residual stains off of the surface.

Over all I'd say from what I can see it looks pretty nice!

Thank you for reading and commenting on my write up! I'll try to make some more stuff like this including pictures in the future!

Post Thanks / Like

It wicked real bad! I took the week off from messing with it but came back to it today.

I used PS Terminator and Carpet Bomber, applying the two very lightly, then came back with a normal bath towel, lightly rubbed the towel of the applied areas...so far so good!

Jay

3. Likes dgage, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It wicked real bad! I took the week off from messing with it but came back to it today.

I used PS Terminator and Carpet Bomber, applying the two very lightly, then came back with a normal bath towel, lightly rubbed the towel of the applied areas...so far so good!

Jay

Those seats look absolutely beautiful! My little secret to areas like that that like to wick is coming back with my steam machine and a microfiber towel with the bonnet technique. It usually knocks them out, even on water sensitive seats that get the water rings from hard water.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I’ve since gone back over them again to get the final spots out, most of it came out really clean too.

The PS Finisher also took a lot of the smell out of the car too. I open the back door and hit the back seats with a few sprays as well as the front seats too.

I moved onto the exterior of the car now, should be finished in the next week or two.

JF

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I’ve since gone back over them again to get the final spots out, most of it came out really clean too.

The PS Finisher also took a lot of the smell out of the car too. I open the back door and hit the back seats with a few sprays as well as the front seats too.

I moved onto the exterior of the car now, should be finished in the next week or two.

JF

That's awesome to hear! You did a really nice job, and I think it looks great!!! You may have mentioned, but what kind of vehicle is it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12