autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to Protect Fenders and Bumpers When Working Under The Hood of Your Car

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Have you ever seen those signs in a shop that say: Labor Rate $15.00 per hour - If you watch $25.00 per hour - If you help $50.00 per hour

I'm the opposite. I'm so confident in my abilities, methods, and results that I like to project and share that to/with my customers.

You can tell how old I am by those labor rates LOL.
    I have seen those shop signs as a matter of fact!

It seems to me that you have lots of experience to share with others!

I love to share my passion with my customers as well. In my experience they tend to get even more exited to see the results and they also get educated in the process. I feel that there are many benefits to this. One huge benefit is they begin to understand the cost. I like making videos to share with my customers and on my Facebook page as well. I was just able to help a young lady earlier today by sharing one of my videos with her. It was a basic upholstery cleaning video. I didn't have to take up a bunch of her time explaining it to her as she was busy. Just simply share the video and she can watch it at her leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I know a lot of guys that don't like customers around while they work. I understand some of the reasons, and the primary one seems to be that they don't like being interrupted while working. But what I really think is that they are a little insecure and just use that as an excuse. What they really don't want is the customer questioning their abilities or methods.
    I think you just have to get over your fear of teaching others if this is the case. You actually get much better by teaching others, and who cares if you sound stupid. You can only get better through practice. I talk to myself as I detail and practice explaining, and demonstrating to customers what I'm doing and the process. The products and tools I use are only the best so in the end even if I sound stupid the results will speak for themselves.

Customers will always throw curve balls at you. For example the other day I had a guy ask me what a ceramic coating was. I couldn't give a scientific answer but this gave me something to work on and to get better at.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Common sense advice) Good job, Thanks.

3. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyreesmuellers View Post
    Common sense advice) Good job, Thanks.
    My pleasure!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12