autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: trying to upload photos to a tread

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post

Using the site directly sucks, Tapatalk is the way to go.

It does but if you look at the volume of pictures I upload and share for the last 18 years on forums...

It can be done. And... I'm self-taught.

I have written dozens of articles on how to work with images on forums, if fact I have an article by that title. But over the years I've found it to be more or less a waste of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    It does but if you look at the volume of pictures I upload and share for the last 18 years on forums...

It can be done. And... I'm self-taught.

I have written dozens of articles on how to work with images on forums, if fact I have an article by that title. But over the years I've found it to be more or less a waste of time.

True, I know you're great at using the gallery. I just always struggle trying to upload to that, via the web browser in the phone. Maybe directly on the computer would be a different story but I feel like nowadays people are on their mobile more than they are on the computer and that app, although not great by any means, helps with uploading pics. I only use the app when uploading a picture, otherwise consuming it via the browser on my phone is fine (while I can still read well on a small screen).
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post
    Thanks so much BSoares....I did go into settings this morning and and disabled HELIC ....have no idea how it switch over....will take new pictures when I wash the car again...Thanks again

It became default I think with iOS 13, maybe back on iOS 12 but I don't think it's been that long. The files do become a lot smaller and I'd love to use that but apps that don't know how to handle the format will cause frustration. Instagram, Facebook, those apps have adjusted to be able to read it. I guess Tapatalk has not.
    Bruno Soares

Mike Phillips

True, I know you're great at using the gallery. I just always struggle trying to upload to that, via the web browser in the phone.
    Don't feel like you're doing anything wrong - I've tried to upload to the gallery via my phone and I don't think I've ever done it.

PLUS - we all have to resize the image or the photo gallery is set-up to NOT accept the picture. Phones and cameras take HUGE file size pictures. It would plug-up a server if everyone and their brother uploaded the images straight off their phone or their camera. AND I've written multiple articles on this point but people don't read anymore.

From the year 2011

How to resize your photos with Easy Thumbnails - Free software

From the year 2004

How to resize your photos before uploading

Like I've said - I've tried to provide the education on working with images on forums just as much and just as hard as I've tried to help the world remove swirls for the last 2 decades and it's pretty much been a waste of time because people don't read.

How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery

How to insert an image from your photo gallery into your message

If you're going to be a "Forum Person" on ANY forum, help yourself by learning how to work with picture on the Internet

How to create dedicated albums in your photo gallery...

Editor view of BB code behind multiple pictures

How-To capture swirls, scratches, etchings and other surface defects with your camera

How-to work with pictures on discussion forums

How to crop out the fluff and resize your pictures! - Using FREE online software!

Photobucket and Missing Pictures

Here's the latest article I've written all in an attempt to help others share pictures

The easy way to share a picture on a forum - Tapatalk App for your cell phone

As a person that shares a LOT of pictures in the forum world using the best way, which is to upload pictures to a gallery so the pictures have an actual cyber home with an actual cyber address, I completely understand that the majority of people don't know how to do this and don't have the patience or wherewithal to figure it out.

So with that said, here's the easy way, simply get the TapaTalk App on your phone. Links below for the type of phone you have.

Link for TapaTalk for iPhone

Link for TapaTalk from Google Play

I don't have a tutorial on how to then use the App but I figure it out and if I can do it - most of you should be able to look at the interface and with a little experimenting - figure it out.

Maybe directly on the computer would be a different story but I feel like nowadays people are on their mobile more than they are on the computer and that app, although not great by any means, helps with uploading pics. I only use the app when uploading a picture, otherwise consuming it via the browser on my phone is fine (while I can still read well on a small screen).

Sorry to say but you're right. Also sorry to say that the forum software we use is outdated. I've suggested to upper management to upgrade to something better but alas - nothing to date.

So me? I've given up trying to help the world figure out pictures on forums. I know how and sometimes I feel like I"m the last guy on earth that knows how to do this stuff.

Here's a picture inserted using image tags via BBCode.

5. Thanks Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    So me? I've given up trying to help the world figure out pictures on forums. I know how and sometimes I feel like I"m the last guy on earth that knows how to do this stuff.

Here's a picture inserted using image tags via BBCode.

Just like "Video killed the radio star".

"Smart" phones have killed peoples' computer skills.

I guess we benefited from dealing with stuff like C:\>_

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

"Smart" phones have killed peoples' computer skills.

I never had any in the first place..........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12