autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Griot's Garage THE BOSS LED Swirl-Finder Light

Yesterday someone on the forum was asking about swirl finder lights? I mentioned I had the Griot's Garage THE BOSS LED Swirl-Finder Light, (a gift from Jeff Brown at Griot's), and it had been a while since I used it as a light to find high spots after installing a ceramic paint coating and that I would revisit it.

Here's some pictures from inspecting for high spots on a black, 2016 Camaro. I thought it worked really well. I also like the magnetic base just to store it out of the way in a safe place.

On Autogeek.com

Info from the above store page

The Griot's Garage THE BOSS LED Swirl-Finder Light was designed to provide the perfect tool for finding any and all imperfections in your paint so you are able to dial in your correction process. The adjustable focus allows you to reveal a wide variety of defections in any type of paint. The narrow light is rated at 120 lumens with a 6000K color temperature, while the wide flood light is rated at 320 lumens with a color temperature of 5000K. The Griot's Garage THE BOSS LED Swirl-Finder Light uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that will provide you with up to 3 hours of uninterrupted defect detection.

When you are working on paint correction, it can be difficult to know what kind of protection process you need to undergo if you are not sure to what extent the paint was been damaged. It is possible to use the natural light from the sun to detect defects; however, you may be detailing indoors, at night, or during an overcast day. This means that you will not be able to use sunlight to find the swirls and scratches that infest your paint. In these situations, you need a readily available source of light that is powerful enough to reveal any defects. The Griot's Garage THE BOSS LED Swirl-Finder Light is the perfect, portable source of light that you can carry with you for all your swirl finding needs!

Different types of paint and different types of damage all require a different level of brightness and focus to be able to detect defects clearly. The Griot's Garage THE BOSS LED Swirl-Finder Light offers two different levels of focus. These modal characteristics of the Griot's Garage THE BOSS LED Swirl-Finder Light allows you to know exactly what problems you are dealing with no matter what kind of paint you are working with.

2. Likes Bruno Soares, mbkite, PaulMys, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage THE BOSS LED Swirl-Finder Light

Here's a Griot's video on this light...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage THE BOSS LED Swirl-Finder Light

I really like the size and the wide angle lighting element. Bit pricey though for someone like me who does this as a hobby.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog