autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much do you charge for a one-step exterior detail?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I inflate the tires on every car I detail to the proper psi. Lol
    Lol I'm glad someone else does this too. Can't have the sidewalls dragging and destroying the even tire shine I applied!
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

2. Likes Eldorado2k, Avgguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric7810 View Post
    There’s a fine line between going above and beyond, and simply wasting your time. I’d rather stay in my lane as an auto detailer. I’m not a Valvoline quick change.

How long would it take to exchange washer fluid, 5 mins? I’d rather take 10 and give customer an engine bay detail as a courtesy, something they can see a difference with. Upon delivery I’ll pop the hood to their surprise and guarantee a satisfied experience.
    There are some detailers that don't like to do interiors or similar. I think a bigger key to success compared to finding what you're passionate about is knowing what you don't like to do and find a way not to do it.

But your post also included key information, presentation. You didn't just detail the engine bay, you presented the engine bay and made sure they see the value you provide. Maybe Eldo does the same thing with his offering, which can be considered important safety features and important details of Eldo's details. He makes sure tires are safe and inflated properly. He makes sure the owner has effective washer fluid, not just whatever crap they throw in at the dealer or mechanic. I'm sure some would find that valuable. And it likely doesn't take 5 min if he already has the wet vac out and fluid mixed up.

But a successful business is knowing what you want to do and giving your customers what they want and expect. Know yourself. Know your customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Maybe Eldo does the same thing with his offering, which can be considered important safety features and important details of Eldo's details. He makes sure tires are safe and inflated properly.
    I started doing that after noticing that whenever I’d detail a vehicle that doesn’t get driven very often, the tires were more than likely under inflated. And under inflated tires results in poor gas mileage, which is unnecessary.

Alot of people aren’t aware of maintaining proper psi even now that vehicles have tpms.

5. Likes dgage, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Milwaukee M12 tire inflator (multiple actually) and it used to take more time because the connection required it to be screwed on to the tire stem. But I recently purchased some tire air chuck with clip adapters and I can clip on and inflate tires so much faster now. I also use that for my IK Foam Pros. I highly recommend the clip adapters as I can now just set the pressure, press Inflate, and then do something else while the tire is topping off.

7. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I do that too… But only on my own vehicle.

I have to remember to tape my windshield reservoir shut when I go for an oil change because the 1st thing guy reaches for is his bottle of washer fluid to refill… Last time he did that it drove me nuts, but I was too polite to say anything.How much do you charge for a one-step exterior detail?

I came home and vacuumed that cheap stuff out. Lol. OCD is real sometimes. Lol.
    I have the cap off mine labeled "DO NOT TOP OFF". Probably due to be replaced though since it's starting to peel off.

9. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Milwaukee M12 tire inflator (multiple actually) and it used to take more time because the connection required it to be screwed on to the tire stem. But I recently purchased some tire air chuck with clip adapters and I can clip on and inflate tires so much faster now. I also use that for my IK Foam Pros. I highly recommend the clip adapters as I can now just set the pressure, press Inflate, and then do something else while the tire is topping off.
    Where did you find those / what search criteria? I've got the M12 inflator as well and have thought a quick connect would be much preferred.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Where did you find those / what search criteria? I've got the M12 inflator as well and have thought a quick connect would be much preferred.
    Tried to PM you a link but your Inbox is full. I found these on Big A and all 4 I purchased work great. Wanted to go with Milton or a known brand but finding exactly what I wanted with the right adapter was a pain so I went with these.

HIYITKS Tire Air Chuck with Clip Adapter

12. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried to PM you a link but your Inbox is full. I found these on Big A and all 4 I purchased work great. Wanted to go with Milton or a known brand but finding exactly what I wanted with the right adapter was a pain so I went with these.

HIYITKS Tire Air Chuck with Clip Adapter
    Thanks for the heads up on both fronts.

I love those oddball manufacturers on Amazon - Not only do they have clip on tire adapters, they also have PDR glue pads and Meatball/meatloaf forms and french fry containers.

14. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just walked in the door from doing an Acura RDX. $200.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok... I have to ask... what is wrong with regular windshield washer fluid? And... what is so nice about what you are using?

Usually during the summer I just put some water with ONR in the washer fluid reservoir and during winter time obviously I use the -40 celcius fluid for our cold winters here.

Never had an issue with either.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast