autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 titan leather seats clean

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Believe it or not collinite 845 works awesome protecting leather.leaves a light sheen and deosnt fade away quickly like topical conditioners and when you sit in the seat there is zero friction of getting in or out and you feel the little bit of slickness of the protection.Dare to try? Works great.
    I think I'm finally going to give Megs D156 a try on my Cadillacs seats today and check out the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was once told by someone with A LOT of experience with leather that most modern day leather has a layer of protection on it. So I stick with a well lighty mixed APC followed by a damp towel and go with it.

If its nasty, strengthen the apc.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel is a sprayable liquid? If so, you can just spray onto the leather and brush it with the tampico scrub brush and wipe up? Or is it not ideal to spray directly onto the leather?
    Yes. Its very thick and clings well. I spray the leather really well, scrub, and wipe away.

This is my method for leather that is not super nasty. Fo super nasty leather, I will steam the leather first which takes care of most of the nastiness. Then follow up with this method via Ultima or Inside.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

2010 titan leather seats clean

At my shop we only use Groit's 3-1 Leather Care.
    Amazing product, smells great too, our customers love it!

Not only does it keep your seats conditioned but also helps keep them clean.
    If their really dirty use an APC first then just maintain them from that point.
    Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner works great on leather, it's not really leather your cleaning being now a days there's a protective coating that is applied over the leather for longevity.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not collinite 845 works awesome protecting leather.leaves a light sheen and deosnt fade away quickly like topical conditioners and when you sit in the seat there is zero friction of getting in or out and you feel the little bit of slickness of the protection.Dare to try? Works great.
    Can't say I've tried 845 on leather, although I have used it on exterior plastics and rubber (which Collinite's website advise against, so if you decide to, its at your own risk) with great success (just that application is more of a WOWO than letting it set up with curing time) so have no trouble believing that 845 would work as a leather protection.

I do use Collinite 855 as my go-to leather 'protection' product of choice, and on mildly dirty leather, it does clean quite well too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DogRescuer View Post
    I was once told by someone with A LOT of experience with leather that most modern day leather has a layer of protection on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    it's not really leather your cleaning being now a days there's a protective coating that is applied over the leather for longevity. [/url]
    For what it is worth, modern leather does not have a thick protective coating on it. But yes you are correct, it is not actually the leather that you are cleaning.

For the last 20+ years leather has not had the coloring/dye impregnated into the leather. It has a colored polyvinyl like coating on top that creates the color that you see.

As we know there are a lot of lower end vehicles on the market these days that you can buy with "leather" or as some manufacturers call it-"leaterette", it is simply a high quality vinyl where the top layer of the product is this colored polyvinyl coating.

There are many instances where a man-made textile is actually of higher quality than animal hide. One of the biggest examples of this that we see is in sports cars/super cars/hyper cars-Alcantara Suede. It is not suede made from animal hide, it is a very well developed textile cloth with much better properties and manufacturing control than what can be done with animal hide.

Does it still need to be treated with care and maintained? Absolutely!!!! Find what works for you/gives you the best results, and use it often.

And like many others have stated-finishing off by wiping with a moist mf makes a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

The slickness would drive me nuts if the seats are rather flat. Go into a corner aggressively and you can't stay in your seat! Aren't the solvents in 845 a problem? I'm not sure they would be very good for leather.

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    I also have the new Mc Kee's 37 AIO leather prodct. This will be used after the Mothers is gone. So I can't report on it yet, but dollar to donuts, I am sure it's also a great product.

McKee’s 37 All In One Leather Lotion

Review - McKee's All-in-one Leather Lotion
    This is what I use. I've applied it to two of my vehicles now and really like it.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12