autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Golf Cart

Post Thanks / Like

Golf Cart

Is it safe to use a GG6 with HD Speed and a polishing pad on a golf cart?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Golf Cart

Yes, I think you will be just fine.
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    Is it safe to use a GG6 with HD Speed and a polishing pad on a golf cart?
    yes, one of my employers buys about 10 golf carts from courses once a month and I detail them so he can turn around and sell them. He makes so much money on golf carts (club carts, yamaha, ez-go) that I charge $125 per cart and he gladly pays.

I tried using meguiars m205 and d151 with a gg6 and 4 inch orange b&s pads but it was always sticking to the body panels and would be just a nightmare to remove. But once I started using the HD polishes/compounds it made all the difference in the world. For some reason meguiars polishes stick to the plastic body and is easily overworked where HD polish and Hd Speed are always a breaze to remove. One thing to keep in mind is keep your speed around 2-3 on the gg6 because if you run the polisher too high or overwork the polish it can you will experience the same issue even with HD speed.

If you are doing this for money, one good tip I can give is go to golf courses and use HD polish or HD Speed and polish an old plexiglass windshield for free (with the owners permission of course). Once he see's how it looks, charge him $25 a windshield to do the rest of his carts. There's alot of money in detailing golf carts if you can position yourself in a way that they can see the value you offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    yes, one of my employers buys about 10 golf carts from courses once a month and I detail them so he can turn around and sell them. He makes so much money on golf carts (club carts, yamaha, ez-go) that I charge $125 per cart and he gladly pays.

I tried using meguiars m205 and d151 with a gg6 and 4 inch orange b&s pads but it was always sticking to the body panels and would be just a nightmare to remove. But once I started using the HD polishes/compounds it made all the difference in the world. For some reason meguiars polishes stick to the plastic body and is easily overworked where HD polish and Hd Speed are always a breaze to remove. One thing to keep in mind is keep your speed around 2-3 on the gg6 because if you run the polisher too high or overwork the polish it can you will experience the same issue even with HD speed.

If you are doing this for money, one good tip I can give is go to golf courses and use HD polish or HD Speed and polish an old plexiglass windshield for free (with the owners permission of course). Once he see's how it looks, charge him $25 a windshield to do the rest of his carts. There's alot of money in detailing golf carts if you can position yourself in a way that they can see the value you offer.
    Awesome thank you for the information! I've never polished plexiglass but will have to try. Do you know if you can polish polycarbonate ( plastic)windshields that you see on Side by side vehicles? Sorry that might be a silly question.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to ask if Iron X and Claying/Nanoskin can be done to golf cart finishes?
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

would you have to use a glass polishing pad to polish plexiglass?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cpdetail View Post
    would you have to use a glass polishing pad to polish plexiglass?
    I just tried this with a 3" lc white flat pad and menzerna hc400 on my lowes plexiglass windshield on my rzr and it worked quite well. Gg6 on speed 3. Cant seem to get pics uploaded from my phone with the AGO app though.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    16 Ram Laramie diesel. The Daily
    08 GMC RCSB 2wd 4.8/4l80e with an eBay turbo. Street driven and built and tuned by me.
    Best so far of 7.251 @ 97.44 mph in the 1/8th. (675ish hp)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    Awesome thank you for the information! I've never polished plexiglass but will have to try. Do you know if you can polish polycarbonate ( plastic)windshields that you see on Side by side vehicles? Sorry that might be a silly question.
    Sorry for the delayed response bud, are you talking about the windshields on like a Polaris? Any clear plastic, polycarbonate, plexiglass type windshield can be polished. No need for a glass or rayon pad. Just an orange cutting pad and HD polish for increasing clarity and removing light haze and scatching or meguiar m100 pro speed compound works well at removing heaver defects and oxidation. Good luck! (also, I've never clayed a golf cart but there would but yes it is safe)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delayed response bud, are you talking about the windshields on like a Polaris? Any clear plastic, polycarbonate, plexiglass type windshield can be polished. No need for a glass or rayon pad. Just an orange cutting pad and HD polish for increasing clarity and removing light haze and scatching or meguiar m100 pro speed compound works well at removing heaver defects and oxidation. Good luck! (also, I've never clayed a golf cart but there would but yes it is safe)
    Yes it would be like what you can put on a Polaris. Thanks again for your help!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone had good success with this? I just tried 3D speed with an orange med cut foam pad on my porter cable DA and it just clouds the finish. There are also some buffer trails. Any help is appreciated.