autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jeweling Wax - Definition

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Great questions...

Who has an opinion?

With the exception of the word "Wax"...all three products fit your description of "Jeweling Wax".

"Definition: An ultra fine cutting polish and wax combination that when used with a soft foam finishing or jewelling foam pad will maximize paint gloss, shine, depth and clarity while leaving behind a layer of protection."

I hear by coin the term, "Jeweling Glaze"

Beware of those giving suggestions without evidence of their results.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by AGOatemywallet View Post
    With the exception of the word "Wax"...all three products fit your description of "Jeweling Wax".

"Definition: An ultra fine cutting polish and wax combination that when used with a soft foam finishing or jewelling foam pad will maximize paint gloss, shine, depth and clarity while leaving behind a layer of protection."
    I was using the word "wax" as a generic term for a protection ingredient for paint.

The same way Meguiar's uses the word "wax" to describe NXT Tech Wax even though it's a synthetic.

Mike Phillips

I hear by coin the term, "Jeweling Glaze"
    You need to start a new thread, write "your own" definition and supporting nomenclature .

Post Thanks / Like

Is McKee's 37 360™ a "Synthetic Jeweling Wax"?

It seems to fit the definition

"McKee's 37 360™ does what no mere cleaner wax can do; it removes light swirls and imperfections to leave the paint looking flawless. Ultra fine abrasives - so fine they are not perceptible by sight or touch."

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought we were finally getting away from 3 step paint corrections.

With the advances in pad and abrasive technologies, I have been unable to see any improvement by adding an additional "Jeweling" step.

The 1st time I "Jeweled"; I thought I saw improvement with a Black LC pad and Menz 3500...until I did an Eraser wipe.

The only additional step, I have actually seen a difference with is EZ-Glaze, prior to application of Wolfgang Sealant.

so what's your point?

Jeweling is a optional step, that will take more time. Reguardless of results.

The point is to get as much shine as possible, but you don't really see a big pay off.

The point is your not going out of your way, to do it now, your using a ultra fine polish with a wax, instead of just waxing.

I have used the product, and I liked it alot.

I don't understand your issue with the idea

you saying we moved away from 3 step corrections, is just proving the point more that product is a good idea.

As for ez creme glaze, I am un-impressed with all "glazes" they don't make much of a difference on polished clear coat finishes.

They do on neglected finishes. But after polishing, unless to fill some deeper scratches. I find them useless.

I also have experienced that glazing before sealing interferes with the sealant bonding.

So I don't understand your problem with this product , when your waxing and jeweling at the same time

Post Thanks / Like

NextLevel,

Did you use the same technique with the McKee's Jeweling Wax as you would with application of a traditional wax?

I suspect to remove any defects or burnish the paint, the Jeweling Wax would require and alteration of technique vs. traditional LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

I dislike Chemical Guys, so if I am suggesting one of their products, it is because I have seen results.

I did not experience any "bonding issues" with EZ. It is Acrylic. Maybe the Glazes you tried were of the more traditional, oily type (3M Imperial HG).

Post Thanks / Like

Jeweling Wax - Definition

All this talk is speculation until a side by side comparison is done with HD speed and Carpro Essence. Until we see that, any new product with this much hype has to prove itself next to the others. We already know the jeweling wax has neither the cut nor the protection of the other two I mentioned. So that means all it has left to offer is the "look". So unless this stuff looks ridiculously awesome... It's not a big deal. Also, wax is not preferred over sealants or coatings in this day and age for non show cars...and HD speed is a sealant and Essence is a coating. Everybody relax.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem with the product.

I don't have any issue with the new classification of "Jeweling Wax".

I just don't think it is NEW in practice...only in name.

Others have "Jeweled" paint with lots of other products that leave protection behind. Examples that come to mind are Blackfire Total Polish & Seal and Klasse AIO.

I understand that marketing is a large part of building a successful business.

Additional steps = Additional Products to sell

The best marketing directions, after all, were "Rinse & Repeat".
    Which, if followed, would double the sales of hair shampoo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

New industry term
    I'm not sure there are any laws or regulations in our industry that prevents anyone from coming up with a new term, if anyone else knows of any authority that regulates this type of thing feel free to share a link.

I'm sure many will agree, I always thought of you as the authority???

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast