autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: What's the number one most important factor when it comes to polishing paint?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • Technique

186 55.19%
  • Tool

10 2.97%
  • Pad

8 2.37%
  • Paint

43 12.76%
  • Abrasive technology

90 26.71%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: POLL - What's the number one most important factor when it comes to polishing paint?

I think when I post my answer, the simple way I explain it some of you guys that think technique is the most important factor may change your minds.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: POLL - What's the number one most important factor when it comes to polishing paint?

hay mike, i like the poll format, thank you 4 posting

Post Thanks / Like

I think the abrasive technology is the single greatest factor in any paint correction project. Even a beginner to paint polishing would be able to tell the difference between a modern, high-end polishing compound vs an inferior abrasive polishing liquid. All things being equal I think a high quality abrasive will produce better results in less time and with less learning curve over a wide array of paint systems and environmental variables.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    I think the abrasive technology is the single greatest factor in any paint correction project. Even a beginner to paint polishing would be able to tell the difference between a modern, high-end polishing compound vs an inferior abrasive polishing liquid. All things being equal I think a high quality abrasive will produce better results in less time and with less learning curve over a wide array of paint systems and environmental variables.
    Megs105 is a high quality product but has a huge learning curve
    And from what i have seen single stage paint reacts better with DAT abrasives so know what paint you are working on will affect the products used.

Post Thanks / Like

I am torn between abrasive technology and paint. As a relative newcomer to more advanced correction, those are the two things I focus on most. While all of them have to be considered I still worry about what paint I'm correcting and it's condition and am I choosing the right abrasive. My Flame Red Jeep required a different approach from my dad's white Tundra even though at first glance the paint condition appeared similar. My test spots showed otherwise for correction method. Just my $.02 as I am still learning.
    FWIW I voted for abrasive technology only because I now have 10 different abrasive products when I only had 2 before I joined here and bought a DA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StephenK View Post
    Megs105 is a high quality product but has a huge learning curve
    And from what i have seen single stage paint reacts better with DAT abrasives so know what paint you are working on will affect the products used.
    Never said anything about M105. And the very first time I used it, it created an amazing finish and I was completely satisfied with the product. The only reason I know there is a learning curve with M105 is from reading about other people's challenges with the product.

I agree that with experience you'll be able to make informed tool/pad/product choices for maximum results. But especially with novice users a higher quality, modern abrasive technology will be easier to use and produce better results than the compounds and polishes of yesteryear.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

I say technique because you can have the best of everything but if you don't know how to use it, well, there you are 👈

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Never said anything about M105. And the very first time I used it, it created an amazing finish and I was completely satisfied with the product. The only reason I know there is a learning curve with M105 is from reading about other people's challenges with the product.

I agree that with experience you'll be able to make informed tool/pad/product choices for maximum results. But especially with novice users a higher quality, modern abrasive technology will be easier to use and produce better results than the compounds and polishes of yesteryear.

I used 105 cause it is a good quality product that everybody knows but has given alot of people troubles at first. And to be honest you are first person I have seen that has said it worked flawless the very first time you used it. Not doubting you

Post Thanks / Like

What makes everyone choose what product,tool,pad and technique you are gonna use?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Abrasive technology.....

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast