autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D HD Adapt and Poxy Review - 1940 Studebaker Streetrod detailed by Mike Phillips

I've never, ever found HD Adapt easy to remove if left to sit on the car... I wish it was for me.

HD adapt is the only product that I've gotten to cut at a high level and finish at a high level in on soft paint. I also find it an amazing product in that I've used it in as little as 2 passes.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D HD Adapt and Poxy Review - 1940 Studebaker Streetrod detailed by Mike Phillips

This is why, Mike:

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work Mike !! I've heard that Adapt is very elastic and good working time, approximately how much product did you used?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    I've never, ever found HD Adapt easy to remove if left to sit on the car... I wish it was for me.

HD adapt is the only product that I've gotten to cut at a high level and finish at a high level in on soft paint. I also find it an amazing product in that I've used it in as little as 2 passes.
    When Mike first posted, and he was talking about the wipe off and to check the 2 spots with Adapt. I was like ...have I Missed Something???....looked like a Wax Haze all over the car...Possibly a New Technique Polish while Waxing

I will have to try HD Adapt, since I have Polish but...

Can't speak to this personally, but I heard it from a Very Reliable Source that Scholls Concepts S20 with their Spider Pads is "Other-Worldly" 1-Step on Soft Paints...wipes off like a dream. He was Gushing profusely...so I MUST HAVE IT lol.

If you're interested, PM me for that source.

hope it helps
    "The first gulp from the glass of natural science will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." --Werner Heisenberg (Pioneer of Quantum Mechanics, Nobel laureate Physics)

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent job Mike on the car and the write-up

You got that paint the way it should be looking...beautiful!

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Mike, the transformation displayed on Vincent's Studebaker is inconceivable. You attention to paint work is extraordinary.

Thanks for sharing good sir.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work Mike. Mighty nice car too.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work Mike, car looks awesome, curious that you used clay instead of nanoskin.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by EDG89 View Post

Beautiful work Mike !! I've heard that Adapt is very elastic and good working time,
    That's what I experienced. When I type,

Long play time

That means you can buff for a long time without the product drying up on you. The zero dusting characteristic is another great feature and benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by EDG89 View Post

approximately how much product did you used?
    Enough to buff out a 1940 Studebacker convertible.

Seriously... the bottles I used had already been opened and used by some of the guys here at work and I didn't take time to weigh them. I do have an article on how to do that though....

How much Menzerna FG 400 to buff out a car?

Mike Phillips

I think when it comes to some things related to car detailing the word easy can be a relative term. I simply didn't find the Adapt polish hard to wipe off and I didn't remove any until I had the entire car polished.

This is a custom paint job (obviously), but if I had to gauge it I'd say somewhere in the middle of the road for hardness and softness.

Sure buffed up to a high shine.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast