autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is Iron X and why should I use it?

Mike, thanks for answering my question in so much detail, I really appreciate it. I have only used Iron X once before but after the initial wash, now I have learned something and next time it will be on a dirty car.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I would've never thought to spray IronX onto a dirty car first but after reading your post it makes logical sense. Now here's my question, I do rinseless washes, am I ok to pre-soak like usual and then wipe down w/ my Aqua sponge?

Thanks Mike:thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I've never use on a dirty car... Interesting idea

Sent from my Alien ship

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HD.Detailing View Post

Sent from my Alien ship
    My wife's car will be the test subject for this, LOL

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by hilld View Post

Mike, thanks for answering my question in so much detail, I really appreciate it.
    No problemo... that's the way I roll... I always hope the quality of the answers and information people get here on AGO helps set AGO apart from all the other options.

I've always encouraged people to ask their detailing questions to multiple detailing forums and then decide for themselves where they get the best help.

Quote Originally Posted by hilld View Post

I have only used Iron X once before but after the initial wash, now I have learned something and next time it will be on a dirty car.
    Like I say... everyone can find their own way to suit their tastes and detailing environment etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Mike, I would've never thought to spray IronX onto a dirty car first but after reading your post it makes logical sense.
    Makes for the best pictures too as the dirt on the surface slows the Iron X streams down as they try to run off the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Now here's my question, I do rinseless washes, am I ok to pre-soak like usual and then wipe down w/ my Aqua sponge?

Thanks Mike
    Hmm.... I'd have to play around with the Iron X and Rinseless Wash technique to figure this one out. My initial thoughts though are it's not a good match just like it wouldn't be a good match for a Waterless Wash.

At some point I think it's helpful to actually rinse or flood the car body with water when using a product like Iron X.

For the most part I ether wash a car using a foam gun plus of course the water hose for rinsing OR I use the waterless wash because of the types of cars I work on.

I rarely use the rinseless was but that's just because it doesn't fit my style of detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the answer Mike, I kinda thought it would be better to use a hose to remove all the IronX, makes more sense now that I think of it. I may have to use my 2 gallon hand pump in some cases, it will get rinsed off but at a slower rate, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

If a vehicle has already been corrected (with Iron X being used in that process) and maintained with weekly maintenance washes, how likely is the car to need an additional Iron X treatment for a yearly touch up?

I understand environmental factors probably play a big part, but in your experience, what's the follow-up like on well maintained vehicles? Are you seeing a lot of bleeding on your return customers?

My thinking is, there's doing it (Iron X) for the insurance, and then there's just flat wasting product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HD.Detailing View Post
    I haven't either.

I've always just followed the:
    1.) Wash the vehicle first...directions.

Then again:
    I don't have the exigency to
    take many "bleeding-photos"...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I understand how the dirt holds the ironX and thus allowing it to dwell , but I can also understand that if you wash the car and remove that layer of dirt the product would go right to the paint surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    No problemo... that's the way I roll... I always hope the quality of the answers and information people get here on AGO helps set AGO apart from all the other options.

I've always encouraged people to ask their detailing questions to multiple detailing forums and then decide for themselves where they get the best help.

Like I say... everyone can find their own way to suit their tastes and detailing environment etc.

Makes for the best pictures too as the dirt on the surface slows the Iron X streams down as they try to run off the car.

Hmm.... I'd have to play around with the Iron X and Rinseless Wash technique to figure this one out. My initial thoughts though are it's not a good match just like it wouldn't be a good match for a Waterless Wash.

At some point I think it's helpful to actually rinse or flood the car body with water when using a product like Iron X.

For the most part I ether wash a car using a foam gun plus of course the water hose for rinsing OR I use the waterless wash because of the types of cars I work on.

I rarely use the rinseless was but that's just because it doesn't fit my style of detailing.

Thanks for the info Mike

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast