autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Super Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System Video

I have been testing some form of "D302" for about two years now.

Super Member Detail-Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really impressed with the technology advances in the chemicals systems, and products that are coming to the markey place. Seems like the past year many new product options have been releases and will be interesting to see which one rise to the top. After all the hype stops and we really see what new products are working in the real world everyday.

Post Thanks / Like

Any release info?

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! sweet! I always felt like the finishing pads didn't get enough credit. Look at those Porsches and weep, all of you who dog the finishing pads. haha. I'm just playing guys...but seriously...weep.
    Jeremy Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work Gentlemen. Videos like this showcase the true professionalism in our hobby when releasing new products.

Looks like these will be a hit with the MF system crowd.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Detail-Impressions View Post

I am really impressed with the technology advances in the chemicals systems, and products that are coming to the market place. Seems like the past year many new product options have been releases and will be interesting to see which one rise to the top.

That's what I'm always pointing out...

In this industry, I've seen more new technology introduced in the last few years than in my entire life. This includes, tools, abrasive technology, pads, coatings, etc.

Like Joe said a few years ago...

"It used to be you actually had to have some talent, experience and skills to get a show car finish, now anyone can do it"

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post

Very nice work Gentlemen.

Videos like this showcase the true professionalism in our hobby when releasing new products.

On behalf of Jason Rose, Mike Pennington and incredibly talented Yancy who does all the camera work and editing...

Thank you...

It's a real pleasure to work with Meguiar's to create these types of educational videos. Mike and Jason are always great to work with here at our show car garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mets2010 View Post
    Any release info?
    I'm surprised they missed the boat on this weekend by not releasing it. Over at MOL someone asked the same question and Michael Stoops said: "This should be available for order from your favorite online retailer in just a few weeks. Perhaps as soon as Thanksgiving weekend."

Perhaps December?
    "The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be." --- Socrates

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing the video.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: New Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System Video

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    Valid point. I think I'll give the D302 a shot, with a finishing pad though.

Like I said before, I've had problems (very rarely) with the finishing pad leaving a weird, almost hologram-like pattern on soft black paint. I guess, technically it would just be micro marring. It's very annoying, because is almost not detectable until you pull out into direct sunlight.

I'm skeptical, as you are, but I'm really hoping this d302 is a fix. Worst case scenario is that I have to finish with foam and M205, which really isn't even a worst case scenario haha.

To be honest, overall, I'm more curious about the xtra cut pads. I think they will be great for hoods, roofs, deck lids...big open areas.
    On my BMW 5er jet black xDrive I found out that to remove the micro marring/hazing I had to add an extra polish step using D301 with black soft foam polishing pad. I don't know if I could've skipped D301 with MF finishing disc, maybe this would be a too big step to a soft foam pad? Maybe try using orange foam pad (medium cut) or white foam pad (soft cut) instead of MF finishing disc next time. All depending on how swirled the car has been after winter here in Sweden. At least with the MF system there are tons of options now. D300 with cutting pad to remove RIDS or heavy swirl marks, D301 with finishing pad to remove light swirls, D300 with MF finishing pad for medium swirls or D300 with orange pad....can't wait to try every combination. Since I'm in the pharmaceutical industry maybe I'll try setting up a factorial trial :-). First I thought I needed D302 but since I polish the car so often and I found Ultimate Wax to be hard to buff away, D301 is perfect for finishing. Are there any other pros using D302? I have Ultimate polish but really can't see any difference in gloss between UP and D301.

Post Thanks / Like

D302 is a pure polish the only abrasive action comes from the mf finishing pad so using it with a foam pad probably would not yield any benefits. It was designed to remove da haze and for people who do not want to use D301 as there last step.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast