autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 330 of 333 FirstFirst ... 230280320321322323324325326327328329330331332333 LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3326
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike Phillips VIF or Vehicle Inspection Form

[QUOTE=Mike Phillips;1705958]Sent.

I would like a copy of VIF in word format. Thanks

bookem_ron@yahoo.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mike,

I would like a copy of this form. Thank you.

My email address is: panicaadrian@hotmail.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mike,

They say that if you want something done then you should ask a busy man, so, well... do you ever sleep?

I too would like a copy of the Word version of the document. I particularly like the information portion of the Word document. Do you still wish for us to submit suggested revisions for it? I doubt I'd have anything to contribute other than some minor proofreading and adding some of the newer tools to the list, but that's nothing compared to what you have done for us all, with this document as well as all of the other stuff. Even if it has contributed to significantly thinning my wallet.

I don't know if you get the email addresses from our account information, but if not, and you need us to post it, then please use this one: majbuzz2000@yahoo.com . It's not an address I really use except for when posting it openly; the bots are welcome to it. I don't yet have a business set up, so I don't have a business email.

Once again, THANK YOU MIKE!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by buffdude View Post

I would like a copy of VIF in word format. Thanks

bookem_ron@yahoo.com

Sent. Apologies for the delay, I think I was teaching the boat class when you posted. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by 360customdetailing View Post

Hello Mike,

I would like a copy of this form. Thank you.

My email address is: panicaadrian@hotmail.com
    Sent. Apologies for the delay, I think I was teaching the May 3-day car detailing class when you posted. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverDog View Post

Hello Mike,

They say that if you want something done then you should ask a busy man, so, well... do you ever sleep?

I too would like a copy of the Word version of the document. I particularly like the information portion of the Word document. Do you still wish for us to submit suggested revisions for it? I doubt I'd have anything to contribute other than some minor proofreading and adding some of the newer tools to the list, but that's nothing compared to what you have done for us all, with this document as well as all of the other stuff. Even if it has contributed to significantly thinning my wallet.

I don't know if you get the email addresses from our account information, but if not, and you need us to post it, then please use this one: majbuzz2000@yahoo.com . It's not an address I really use except for when posting it openly; the bots are welcome to it. I don't yet have a business set up, so I don't have a business email.

Once again, THANK YOU MIKE!

No need to send me revisions and feel free to customize to fit your business model.

Sent.

5. Thanks RiverDog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

derek.miracle@icloud.com

PLEASE and THANK YOU!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by dmiracle View Post

PLEASE and THANK YOU!

Sent.

8. Thanks dmiracle thanked for this post
    Likes dmiracle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have been using these intake forms for a while now. Just noticed the additional information on the final few pages. Super helpful. Thanks, Mike!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, I could definitely use something like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Since my first response (that was on page 1) got clipped let me play devil's advocate on why doing an inspection form is a terrible idea.

Has anyone every noticed AFTER detailing their car a defect (or three) that they were not aware of?
    It's next to impossible to catch every defect on a vehicle when dirty. Let's say you miss a scratch, ding, curb rash or chip in the windshield on your inspection form. You've basically signed your own death warrant should the customer decide to take you to court.

What I suggest is to walk around the car when the client is dropping it off. While your conversating start looking for defects. If you find any, that's the time to point them out.

Unlike the pencil pusher that made this thread I speak from experience. Coming up on my 42nd year of detailing cars (and having over 50,000 vehicles under my belt) I think that I've learned a thing or two. In all of those years I've only had one person claim that I damaged their vehicle (it backfired) when we both know that I did not. For the most part people are honest. If someone broke out a inspection form in front of me it immediately makes me think that they think I'm dishonest.....it's insulting quite frankly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Since my first response (that was on page 1) got clipped let me play devil's advocate on why doing an inspection form is a terrible idea.

Has anyone every noticed AFTER detailing their car a defect (or three) that they were not aware of?
    It's next to impossible to catch every defect on a vehicle when dirty. Let's say you miss a scratch, ding, curb rash or chip in the windshield on your inspection form. You've basically signed your own death warrant should the customer decide to take you to court.

What I suggest is to walk around the car when the client is dropping it off. While your conversating start looking for defects. If you find any, that's the time to point them out.
    Let me play devils advocate right back at you. This is a tool that can be used while walking around the vehicle with your client. These days there are digital options. The guys at Chicago Auto Pro use gopro's to document the condition of the vehicles they work on. It is a security measure to cover ones backside.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Unlike the pencil pusher that made this thread I speak from experience. Coming up on my 42nd year of detailing cars (and having over 50,000 vehicles under my belt) I think that I've learned a thing or two. In all of those years I've only had one person claim that I damaged their vehicle (it backfired) when we both know that I did not. For the most part people are honest. If someone broke out a inspection form in front of me it immediately makes me think that they think I'm dishonest.....it's insulting quite frankly.
    You will not like this but so be it. Mike Phillips has been in the industry for a long time and is well respected. He may not be on autogeek anymore as he moved onto 3D. But he has a lot of knowledge not too mention an excellent trainer. He has been doing this thing probably as long as you if not longer. Also throwing stats around does not make you cooler lol. I personally could care less if you have over 50,000 vehicles under your belt.

13. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
Page 330 of 333 FirstFirst ... 230280320321322323324325326327328329330331332333 LastLast