autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike Phillips VIF or Vehicle Inspection Form

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    If you want a copy of this form, reply to this thread with your e-mail, send me a PM or send me an e-mail and I'm happy to share it with you.
    I would like a copy. birminghamautodetailing@gmail.com
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Can you email me forms at bcope2@comcast.net

Thanks!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Thoryamaha919 View Post
    I agree I can't wait for the new version. I have the old version and it helped me take detail to a new level and more professional. This lets the customer get more involved.

That's good feedback. Thank you for sharing, might help others to give using a form a try into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Eandras View Post

I have one question in regards to the format. Will the format be a word document, rich text format, or a PDF. If it is a word or rich text document I could have unlimited possibilities to incorporate tables and charts to provide estimates and invoices to potential and existing customers.

Ed
    Hi Ed,

I wrote this in MS Word as it's my normal software for writing/typing. I'm a PC guy in the past and currently but my next computer will be a Mac Air Book.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerboAutoWorks View Post
    What about something for interiors?
    I have a form created for interiors and like this one I'm going to tweak it before making it available. I will want feedback and suggestions for improvement for it also.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachZone View Post
    Mike,

Thank you tons for posting up a form like this for everyone to use! Very helpful and I will most definitely put it to use!

Only thing I see that would be beneficial is a "Mileage In/Out" and "Fuel Level" type area that can be recorded for each vehicle upon arrival!

Let me know what you think about that. Thanks again!

-Beach
    Like when renting a rental car. I'm not sure how much this would be helpful except to document to your customers that neither you nor your employees took your customer's car out for a joy ride or used their truck or van for it's hauling ability while it's in your possession.

I'll see if I can find a place to add this tweak and give you credit.

Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post

Mike I had more time to go back to the original form and have a recommendation. Include an email address and or a cell phone number.
    Checked and noted. These two tidbits were pure and simple hindsight on my part as these are normal types of information I would always include on any form. Renny also pointed this out as he too knows the importance of collecting communications data. Both items now have a line on the form.

I like to send an original picture "the before" when I start the job then "an after" when done. I usually just send a text with picture attachment.

It also serves to document the original condition in a polite unobtrusive way. It's funny how owners know about blemishes on their cars, scratches, dents etc. Most cell phone pics are pretty high resolution. Not a substitution for DSLR pics but a quick way to communicate.
    I'm a HUGE van of documenting "before" condition and not only do I practice this but highly recommend it to anyone detailing cars. Use the best camera you have and learn how to capture swirls and pictures of defects. In fact I have an article on this topic here,

How-To capture swirls, scratches, etchings and other surface defects with your camera

Very important suggestions for anyone detailing cars and everyone reading this can take these types of pictures and then use them how they see fit. If a person wants to add them to the form, the best way would be to simply print them out on a color printer, or photo printer and then staple them to the document. E-mailing or texting them, or placing them on a website, photo sharing site or forum like this are also good options.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Gloss Auto Salon View Post
    Still haven’t seen anyone comment on the point I made earlier. If you are only using this to protect yourself from being blamed for existing damage you are only partially using this template (in my opinion of course).

The other half is then taking advantage of the existing issues you point out and turning these issues into opportunities to help your customer out by offering them a service that will remedy the issues you point out.

When showing these issues to a true car lover for the first time on their personal vehicle it can get a little depressing for the owner if you cant offer a remedy... bank on this!
    Great suggestion Jason. Lenny House actually gave me a form for documenting other damage and issues to show the owner and then offer the appropriate remedy, upsell, parts or services.

I think it will work better to make this a stand alone document, (that's how he created it), nd I will do this as soon as I can.

Great for upselling services and if time permits correct a blemish to demonstrate a solution. Also insurance was mentioned previously and this is key IMO for protection.
    The current form has a place to upsell a paint coating and put your customer on a "Maintenance Program". There could be a place to upsell other products and services, such as,

Interior coatings (instead of dressings)
    Glass coatings (water repelling)
    Trim coatings (instead of dressings)
    Wheel coatings (instead of nothing or wheel waxes)
    Ozone Sanitizing and De-deodorizing

Can some of you help me add to this list?

This might work better to also make this a stand alone or dedicated document like a "Menu" list. A single laminated card or sheet or tri-fold.

Can someone take this idea and run with it?

This is a great opportunity to attach other files to allow the detailer not only rouse this form to document damage but to also use it to assist in providing estimates, invoices, and potential future business by marketing a preventative maintenance solution.

With laptops and tablets the detailer can literally have a vast resource that help keep track of appointments, estimates and invoices all with the same interface.

Ed
    Sounds good to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Alek@DeepClean View Post
    Hey Mike, wanted to let you know that on the first page, you've listed "Pant Chip" instead of "Paint Chip."

Oh, and I'd like a copy! Thanks a ton! DeepCleanDetailing@gmail.com
    Dang spell checker... thanks I'll fix it ASAP...

Quote Originally Posted by 215Detailing View Post
    Yes I would like to have a VIF, and side note PC paint chip is missing the letter I
    See above, I'll get it ASAP

Mike,

Can you send me a copy? I have some ideas on how to do a document that the estimator can create packages based on the condition of the car.

I would add an excel sheet in the word document that would include a pivot table with slices that the estimator would just select options a la carte

Email is eandras@optonline.net.

Thanks

Ed
    Will do Ed. I think I've seen some of the other work you've created and shared, you're good at this type of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by wmpulse View Post

Need one of those please -
    zeekleremail@yahoo.com

Mike, why don't you post a .pdf file on the forum and everyone can just download it from the forum instead of bugging you to death for one. Then, they can use the forum to post proposed changes instead of cluttering it up with requests... just a thought. Thanks a TRILLION!!
    Once the form is for the most part finalized.

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback... now to go make a few tweaks and additioins...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike, Please eimail me new VIF to fre@felias.com Thanks Mike.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like a copy. You already have my email address. Thank you!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Id appreciate a copy as well. ryan@squareonedetailing.com . Thanks Mike!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JSou View Post
    Patiently waiting. I definitely need something like this.
    Hi Jake,

Just sent you version 1.4

Going through this thread in order sending out copies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Hi Jake,

Just sent you version 1.4

Going through this thread in order sending out copies.

Got it Mike. Thanks a lot! I will take a look at it now and share my thoughts.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Look forward to seeing the final copy!

Thanks Mike!
    Just sent Zach,

Noticed when I wen to find your first name you have not posted to this thread...

Roll Call - What's your real first name?

It's okay if you don't but just sayin... makes it nice to talk with people to find and use their first name...

I'll update the Roll Call thread tomorrow as it needs to be updated.

Post Thanks / Like

Could you send me the form as well, Mike.

I know you stated you had a few different ones with different pics and then interior. If it isn't too much trouble, I'll take whatever you have. REALLY appreciate it!

oops, it would probably help if I put my email. LOL

brian@brianscustomdetailing.com
    Brian's Custom Detailing
    Where detail matters
    www.BriansCustomDetailing.com

Page 11 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast