autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To use Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads on Flex 3401

Quote Originally Posted by flash_e View Post
    Would I need to wax the vehicle after using either the mitt or scrub pad? Also wonedering if the wash would be more effective if an IPA wipe down prior to using the products would make it work better?
    Waxing is the very last stage in your process, so No you don't wax right after claying or in this case using the Nanoskin mitt.

You wash first, then decontaminate by using a paint Iron remover (only if needed), then clay or in this case using the Nanoskin Mitt/pad which work as clay (only if needed), then wash again, then polish if the car needs polishing, then Wax or Sealant.

You'd use IPA only in between Polishing and waxing/sealing to remove unwanted residue left by the polish, however be careful as some polishes or Glazes fill in imperfections in the paint and I guess the IPA will remove those so that defeats the polish/glaze's purpose.

But you always Wax or Seal as a last stage to protect the paint.
    Hope that's clear.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to decontaminate a new car for the first time. This is all new to me.

I can't find any swirls on the paint. If the autoscrub pad leaves marring, should I use M205 with a white pad to polish it out before applying a sealant with a red pad? Or should I use a softer pad? I have LC CCS orange, white, green, gray, blue, and red pads at my disposal. Reading the descriptions, I feel like many of these pads are made to achieve the same results...?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by movingforward View Post

I'm about to decontaminate a new car for the first time. This is all new to me.

I can't find any swirls on the paint.

If the autoscrub pad leaves marring, should I use M205 with a white pad to polish it out before applying a sealant with a red pad?

I would.

I would inspect the paint after using the Nanoskin Autoscrub pad for marring using good lighting conditions but even so... if you're goal it to take the paint to its maximum potential then anytime you mechanically decontaminate paint you should plan on doing at least one polishing step before sealing.

As for pads... do some testing...

How To Do a Test Spot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123