autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Share your best business card design tip?

Simple clean layout. Not to heavy on pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Use MOO.com (I use them for two businesses, photo and detailing, but I'm not affiliated with them in any way.)

A few reasons why:

1. Rounded corners. If I can't fit it in my wallet easily, it goes into my pocket and into the wash, or even worse, onto my desk. The rounded corner cards are great because of their texture too. While you're talking to someone, they'll be flipping your card around in their hands and feeling the satin finish of the card. Works every time...and it's funny to watch.
    2. Flickr integration. Set up a flickr account with a bunch of great photos of cars that you've detailed and then import them when you're setting up your cards. Say, you have 7 images you'd like to use - they'll rotate the images through the stack of cards so you're not just handing out the same image to everyone. The same info is on the back though.
    3. Easy interface. Their gui is easy to navigate and you can save different projects and come back to them easily.
    4. Leave behinds. I just got my stack of postcards today to use as a leave behind item when I've had a meeting with perspective clients. It's a big business card with my price list on the back. (yup, small amounts, in this case only 60 ordered, so I can make changes as needed.)
    Last edited by NewNickel; 08-27-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NewNickel View Post
    Use MOO.com (I use them for two businesses, photo and detailing, but I'm not affiliated with them in any way.)

A few reasons why:

1. Rounded corners. If I can't fit it in my wallet easily, it goes into my pocket and into the wash, or even worse, onto my desk. The rounded corner cards are great because of their texture too. While you're talking to someone, they'll be flipping your card around in their hands and feeling the satin finish of the card. Works every time...and it's funny to watch.
    2. Flickr integration. Set up a flickr account with a bunch of great photos of cars that you've detailed and then import them when you're setting up your cards. Say, you have 7 images you'd like to use - they'll rotate the images through the stack of cards so you're not just hanging out the same image to everyone. The same info is on the back though.
    3. Easy interface. Their gui is easy to navigate and you can save different projects and come back to them easily.
    4. Leave behinds. I just got my stack of postcards today to use as a leave behind item when I've had a meeting with perspective clients. It's a big business card with my price list on the back. (yup, small amounts, in this case only 60 ordered, so I can make changes as needed.)
    +1 for moo cards. I used then for the first time with my new detailing cards. I'm planning on getting some more made for my photography very soon. I am thinking of trying the luxe card this time around.

Sent from my Samsung GS3

Post Thanks / Like

even if people can't use / don't understand the QR code, they think its cool. For those that can use it, most apps store the history of what you scanned. So once the card is long gone, your info is still in the phone if they choose to find it (what was the name of that car waxing guy again?)

they have free QR code generators online, but not sure I trust those. Plenty of people on fiverr offering custom QR codes. But again, not sure I trust that on a few hundred business cards

this was designed by a local graphics shop. The background front & back is water beading on my tacoma

Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newest brochure

Post Thanks / Like

Jusy havin' a bit of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

It's YOUR business card. You are representing the business.
    Keep it clean. Not a lot of little print. Use the "white space".
    Keep it simple. Who it is. What it is and how to contact you.

and yes, I did that vehicle in the pic!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine have up-turned edges so that they spin and carry after I throw a boxfull off the top of a building. With the right breeze, a guy can cover 2-3 square miles. Marketing done. Gonna play some golf.

Post Thanks / Like

My motto is keeping it clean and simple, and naturally that came into effect in my business card design. (picked that up from my father).

I intially made 10 different designs and narrowed it down to 5. After picking the final 5 I had a test print of one sheet each made of all 5 from Staples. It was actually a unanimous decision to pick the one you see before you .

Best way I find to make any decision regarding advertisement is to have several designs(if you can make them yourself) a test group of friends and/or family help pick the best one. Even if you do none of the above, if you keep it simple, right to the point, and clean you should never have a problem

Post Thanks / Like

But remember that you are not marketing to yourself. You are marketing to others. So I deem it better to know what type face works for others.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast