autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Share your best business card design tip?

I see most of you have your personal names on your cards. Do you guys feel there is an advantage to this?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the front and back of my business card. I opted for a rounded corner with a matte finish.Share your best business card design tip?-imageuploadedbyagonline1428526157-661078-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I went for simple. Plain back and same day photo paper printing from office depot. 250 for $30. Business cards are dyeing and websites are much more useful so I went the cheapest route since its a very innefective marketing strategy and more just a way to allow someone to gain your contact info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    i use a small card. i am a big guy and it has turned out to be quite a conversation piece for some odd reason. i've gotten "oh how cute" and "where's the rest of it?"., but generally people really like it. it's pretty basic, but on nice stock with smudge proof ink. they are noticeably cheaper than the same design on the same stock w/ the same ink, but if i used a normal size.

a high quality card that you don't worry about giving out is crucial. if the card is too expensive or too nice, you end up being more selective and that sucks.

sorry i had to blur out my info but that's the way things go sometimes on the internet, haha.

I'm really confused on why you would blur out your info. I'm guessing your doing this for profit...Isn't the Internet a bunch of free views of your business card?

From what I see... Card looks good BTW.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are on the way. The logo side is going to be "Raised Print" making it slightly 3D.

Share your best business card design tip?-business-card-jpg

Share your best business card design tip?-business-card-b-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I have kept it simple, with a thank you note on the back and a QR code to scan for mobile devices.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share your best business card design tip?-bus-card-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

No posts here recently so I thought I might revive the thread ........

I went with an egg shell finish, matte look. QR code shown on back.
    I believe it's a good idea to have your name on the card. It's your card ........ have YOUR name on it.
    I've had customers feel as if they were being given the royal treatment just because the owner of the company is doing the work himself.

Always remember to have a QR code too. Customers love to be able to look at your website as you're talking to them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share your best business card design tip?-image3-jpg   Share your best business card design tip?-img_0072-jpg  
    The Finishing Touch Auto Detail, LLC
    Serving Austin, TX | San Antonio, TX | Portfolio | Reviews | Contact Us

Post Thanks / Like

So I finally broke down and bought my website domain last night. Now it's time to actually make a logo for my business before I make some new updated business cards. I was wondering if any of you kind gentlemen could assist me with my logo. I know there are free logo design websites out there, but after trying about 5 of them I was less then impressed with the results. My business name is Meticulously Detailed and I'm not looking for something over the top. Just more professional then your typical font and color change of the words.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98LowRanger View Post
    So I finally broke down and bought my website domain last night. Now it's time to actually make a logo for my business before I make some new updated business cards. I was wondering if any of you kind gentlemen could assist me with my logo. I know there are free logo design websites out there, but after trying about 5 of them I was less then impressed with the results. My business name is Meticulously Detailed and I'm not looking for something over the top. Just more professional then your typical font and color change of the words.
    There's a detailer I know of in Austin, TX whose company is "Meticulous Details".
    Small world .....

By the way, I had once paid for a logo to be designed and I never truly liked the logo better than what I came up with. It was just $150 but still ...........
    The Finishing Touch Auto Detail, LLC
    Serving Austin, TX | San Antonio, TX | Portfolio | Reviews | Contact Us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TFTADetail View Post
    No posts here recently so I thought I might revive the thread ........

I went with an egg shell finish, matte look. QR code shown on back.
    I believe it's a good idea to have your name on the card. It's your card ........ have YOUR name on it.
    I've had customers feel as if they were being given the royal treatment just because the owner of the company is doing the work himself.

Always remember to have a QR code too. Customers love to be able to look at your website as you're talking to them.
    One thing that also needs to be taken into consideration is to be consistent with signage and print media. So what's on your vehicle and cards should be them same style and look to maintain branding and keep things looking more professional. One thing that people forget is that as a service business, then owner and or main employee creates the brand for the business more so than a sign on a vehicle or a business card. From my experience, my clients keep calling my back because of me, not my business card; I have people that started doing business with me via word of mouth referral, before even having one of my business cards in-hand. Just some perspective that keeps me from stressing too much over a logo. That said I am working on a logo/brand that I will use on all my media and print items, to include shirts. I am working with the same graphic designer that has been helping me with my cards for over two years now since she knows my style and taste and knows how to keep everything uniform. This also allows me to me hands-on through the process, and allows me to barter for the services.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast