autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Czapski View Post
    Thank you guys. Funny story, I shattered my arm snowboarding in February so I had alot of time on my hands. I just searched google and YouTube for things I liked and started watching and doing tutorials.

5 months later I now am ready to launch, just need some more projects for before and after pics.

A big thing is to keep your logo consistent (website, business cards and for me vehicle logo)

I know a fair amount of people who work design, selling, marketing etc and all the tips from them seem to be paying off.
    The front part of your card is beautiful btw, good job man...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Share your best business card design tip?

Quote Originally Posted by 2shiny View Post
    I think you misunderstood. I meant, why not usethe same background as on the verso side for your website background, but use it as a website background faded 60% to keep reading easy
    You are right, I did misunderstand.

That's an idea, I will try a faded look to see how it comes out when I am ready to work on the visual aspect. I have 5 days off work this week! So I should be able to get a lot done during the week. 2 Detailings planned and if it can rain or something I will have time for indoor stuff like website design and business registrations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    By best tip would be to hire a professional graphic artist.
    I don't know about that one. I did hire people in the past for producing graphics for me and I was ALWAYS very unsatisfied with what they did and ended up doing the work myself. There are so many incompetant graphic artists out there it's insane. The part I love most is when I talk about technical aspects with graphic artists and I know more able it than they do. I come from the computer sales side so they should know Photoshop in lot more détails than I do, but plenty of them don't ;(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I don't know about that one. I did hire people in the past for producing graphics for me and I was ALWAYS very unsatisfied with what they did and ended up doing the work myself. There are so many incompetant graphic artists out there it's insane. The part I love most is when I talk about technical aspects with graphic artists and I know more able it than they do. I come from the computer sales side so they should know Photoshop in lot more détails than I do, but plenty of them don't ;(
    Then you haven't found a professional. The graphic artist I work with doesn't use Photoshop he uses Illustrator.

Post Thanks / Like

Graphic artists should use both. Illustrator is great for some things and really bad for others. Same goes for Photoshop. A true Professional needs to be able to master both. I never liked using Illustator myself. There are ways to do what Illustator does with Photoshop but it's more difficult and time consuming. On the other hand, there are things you can do in Photoshop that Illustrator simply cannot do.

The big advantage of Illustrator, especially for logos, is that you can shrink or enlage them to any size without loosing quality. Also an Illustator file can be opened by Photoshop to create a perfect image of any size.

Super Member Kyle@PrecisionPolish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that's what smart object was for in photoshop?

Post Thanks / Like

Photoshop is not as good at making scalable objects, it's a matter of Tools. As I said it can be done but it's much more time consuming. If Photoshop could do all Illustator could, they would not produce 2 separate softwares.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the sentence below sound good for a business card of a mobile detailer?

"Your exclusive car detailer."

I prefer something simple and clear to explain that i offer mobile detailing service, as i'm not putting the job title on the card.

Please shine some lights here?

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Photoshop is not as good at making scalable objects, it's a matter of Tools. As I said it can be done but it's much more time consuming. If Photoshop could do all Illustator could, they would not produce 2 separate softwares.
    The term for scalable graphics is vector art.

The advantage I felt using Illustrator, was doing logos and my college magazine, although, I switched to InDesign midway to complete the magazine. And if you combine a wacom tablet, then it gets even more easier to work faster.

Photoshop is great only for photos - and some other effects, but creating cards and other business stuff, its better to do using Illustrator. As you can design the logo only once and just keep resizing based on your needs such as business cards, tshirts, aprons etc.

And Bridge makes it easy to work across multiple platforms on the Adobe suite. So create a design in one and use it in another app.

To anyone facing difficulties using these softwares, Id advise getting Training from Lynda.com. Ive learnt most of my softwares based on my needs from that site. Excellent and vfm site.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with you on all points.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast