autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: How to remove shallow RIDS and how to machine apply both a paint sealant and a finishing wax

Hi Mike, thank you for the great info. I have a question:

I used a Flex DA polisher with a Smart pad (orange) using Pinnacle Swirl Remover then followed with Pinnacle wax applied by hand.

The reason I did not follow the swirl remover with the finishing polish is because my friend did not have enough time and said it looked good enough.

Is there anything wrong with what I did and why?

Also, is there a universal color code for buffing pads? Or does each company have their own system? Meaning, are orange pads always designed for a specific use within each company and so on and so forth?

Thank you!

Mitchell

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: How to remove shallow RIDS and how to machine apply both a paint sealant and a finishing wax

Great Video Mike!
    I learned a lot and it was a great follow up after reading your book.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy Bath View Post

Hi Mike, thank you for the great info. I have a question:

I used a Flex DA polisher with a Smart pad (orange) using Pinnacle Swirl Remover then followed with Pinnacle wax applied by hand.

The reason I did not follow the swirl remover with the finishing polish is because my friend did not have enough time and said it looked good enough.

Is there anything wrong with what I did and why?
    Nope, nothing wrong. The Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover finishes out so nicely that you can easily go to wax. Some people like to squeeze every drop of clarity, gloss and shine out of their paint and will do the second step but it's really personal preference and if the paint looks good after the swirl remover then seal it and enjoy the results.!

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy Bath View Post

Also, is there a universal color code for buffing pads? Or does each company have their own system? Meaning, are orange pads always designed for a specific use within each company and so on and so forth?

Thank you!

Mitchell
    No universal code and what I see right now is even more types of pads being introduced with more colors, the ONLY way a person will ever be able to stay caught up with the changes is to be a member of an awesome detailing forum like AGO.

I answer this question in my book too...

Paperback

Mike Phillips

I just re-watched this video this morning and if you're new to machine polishing with ANY type of polisher there is a ton of tips and techniques for all the different things a person has to do when buffing out a car besides removing the random, isolated deeper scratches or RIDS.

If you haven't already, check it out and please post your comments, questions or feedback.

Mike Phillips

If you're new to machine polishing, this video offers tons of tips and techniques...

Post Thanks / Like

Great video. Thank you for making these longer segments, that cover a few topics and reiterate some fundamentals. During our northern winter months its handy and entertaining to watch these, not to mention educational.

And kudos to the music over the machine polishing, and in the background. Nice touch, good production quality over earlier ones.

One of the main reasons I shop at AG are these videos and the forum with participation from AG staff.

Good job all around. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff, Mike. So many things in videos like these for someone like me to learn. The more the better.

And for management....stuff like this makes me want to hit the "order" button pretty much daily

Post Thanks / Like
    I just found this video and it was great. This was a good overview of what you guys do best, show off some polishing with a emphasis on products and skills.
    I am greatful to those in your company who let you share your knowledge and skills so it can be passed on to the rest of us.

Thanks Mike
    And the Autogeek crew. Keep the knowledge coming.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
    Great video. Thank you for making these longer segments, that cover a few topics and reiterate some fundamentals. During our northern winter months its handy and entertaining to watch these, not to mention educational.

And kudos to the music over the machine polishing, and in the background. Nice touch, good production quality over earlier ones.

One of the main reasons I shop at AG are these videos and the forum with participation from AG staff.

Good job all around. Thanks!

Wow! Thanks for the compliment, I'll be sure to show this thread to the boss...

Quote Originally Posted by rms64 View Post

Great stuff, Mike. So many things in videos like these for someone like me to learn. The more the better.

And for management....stuff like this makes me want to hit the "order" button pretty much daily

Let's see....

Wow! Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to show this thread to the boss...

Quote Originally Posted by Skoob View Post

I just found this video and it was great. This was a good overview of what you guys do best, show off some polishing with a emphasis on products and skills.

I am grateful to those in your company who let you share your knowledge and skills so it can be passed on to the rest of us.

Thanks Mike
    And the Autogeek crew. Keep the knowledge coming.

Wow! Thanks for the kind words, I'll be sure to show this thread to the boss!

Seriously... thank you for the feedback.

I know the title of this video talks about how to remove RIDS or Random, Isolated, Deeper Scratches but there's SO much more covered....

Mike Phillips

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234