autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: How to remove shallow RIDS and how to machine apply both a paint sealant and a finishing wax

Mike, I really like this video. It covers a fairly broad range of detailing jobs.

What I think should be covered in some of these is just getting wax out of the cracks when you do the final wipe down. It is so annoying to do the work and then get it out and instantly find some wax on an emblem or along some edge in a body seam.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Mike Phillips

Re: Video: How to remove shallow RIDS and how to machine apply both a paint sealant and a finishing wax

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Mike, I really like this video. It covers a fairly broad range of detailing jobs.

What I think should be covered in some of these is just getting wax out of the cracks when you do the final wipe down. It is so annoying to do the work and then get it out and instantly find some wax on an emblem or along some edge in a body seam.

That's a good topic to cover, maybe we can fit it in on a future video...

Post Thanks / Like

Great video .... the 'Final Wipe' looked rather sensual
    I felt like i should look away so as not to ruin your intimate moment :lol:

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lonergan View Post
    Great video .... the 'Final Wipe' looked rather sensual

I felt like i should look away so as not to ruin your intimate moment :lol:

That's funny... for some people and for some cars it probably is...

This is one of my favorite cars... I'd like to have buffed this out and then given it the final wipe...

1954 Oldsmobile F-88 Convertible Concept Car

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear Lord that's awesome.

What noises coming from the garage?
    Honey! I'm not having an affair!
    I was just giving the car a final wipe

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lonergan View Post

Oh dear Lord that's awesome.

I'm a big fan of vintage concept cars and the F-88 is one of my favorites.

I have pictures of it from when I had a private tour of the original owner that tracked it down for 15-20 years before he sold it and it was auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson a few years ago.

And "yes" at the time of the tour I did offer to buff it out for the owner at that time but due to time constraints it was never going to happen.

Very cool car and "yes" at the time was viewing the car it had swirls and RIDS making it on-topic for this thread.

walletless

Very nice video!! Really detailed and clear.
    One question - when the forum user was buffing out, it felt that his arm movements were too fast.. Am I right, or was it about right?

Mike - also wondering if you can also do a video on removing scratches that require some sanding down as well.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by walletless View Post
    Very nice video!! Really detailed and clear.
    One question - when the forum user was buffing out, it felt that his arm movements were too fast.. Am I right, or was it about right?
    I'll hae to re-watch the video an get back to you... could be as that's normal for most people inculding myself. It's easy to hear the sound of the motor revving fast and then if you're not paying attention to what you're doing your arms will tend to move teh machine over the paint quickly as though to match the speed you're moving the polisher with the speed of the motor, i.e. move the polisher too fast. I pointed this out on the 1940 Chevy I worked on in episode 3 of our TV show when using the Cyclo polisher.

Quote Originally Posted by walletless View Post

Mike - also wondering if you can also do a video on removing scratches that require some sanding down as well.
    That's very possible.

opie_7afe

mike in addition to walletless's suggestion could we have a video showing wet sanding and removing RIDS from the super hard single stage white toyota/lexus/other companies was still using up untill recently?

Post Thanks / Like

Great video really showing it all. Nice to see every little detail and all the setup.
    -Brent

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast