autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DISO = The Dealership Installed Swirl Option

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Better yet...

Get his e-mail address and send him the link to this thread.

DISO = The Dealership Installed Swirl Option

Done!

I also talked with him and he hadn't forgotten.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Before I moved to parts, I was in charge of inspecting the cars as they came off the truck and getting their packets ready. One day an Accord came off the truck, and everything looked fine till we pulled it in to prep it. We pulled the plastic protection off the hood and there was a huge dent from what looked like truck driver or loader had dropped a large heavy chain from the rack above on to it. The plastic had released from the dent and it all looked level before the plastic was removed. This may be part of the reason why they want to remove it there and if they don't then that dent is all yours now.
    Yes, protocol is that all new cars are unwrapped and inspected before the truck driver leaves. However, at least where I work, that never happens. Try telling the driver he has to wait while we take care of 10 of these:

Even cars with just the plastic take time as I'm sure you know. So far I've seen maybe 2 cars come in damaged and one of them they even told us about before it arrived. Damage is rare, so we just check that all port installed options are actually there.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it was very rare that the cars were damaged. Just wanted to put that info on possible hidden damage out there for someone just in case. If their truck driver had to wait for that, they would have gone nuts. Gotta go, go, go.

Wow, with how much those Audi's are rapped up it would be hard to notice.

This make me wonder how much damage is being done by inexperienced/improper removal of the left over adhesive residue like we did. Rubbing hard with dirty wax pads or whatever used.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a similar story about my dealership.

In March visited the dealer to see if they could work a trade on my 2013 Hyundai Accent hatchback. Bought the car new, put 57,000 miles on it, and had no swirl marks (but some rock chips) when I turned it in.

Traded for a 2016 Azera 4 door sedan--much more upscale since I now am working in commercial real estate and needed a larger vehicle for clients.

When the car was delivered, it had swirl marks on every panel.

Took it back to the dealer and showed them what I was talking about, and told them 'DO NOT TRY TO CORRECT--I WILL FIX IT MYSELF."

I also pointed out to them that the car I traded with nearly 60,000 miles was free of swirls and holograms.

Well, after some work with Meguiar's products, GG polishing pads and the HF D/A polisher at the highest setting (and a lot of pressure), was able to remove the worst of the swirl marks.

There are still some remaining on the trunk lid and hood, but will hit them with polish next time I do a full on detail.

This car is a daily driver and I put 600+ miles/week on it.

Post Thanks / Like

What is it with dealerships? I LOVE my dealer. Pulls no BS with pricing, gives the most excellent service, and even picks up my truck or my wife's Jeep from our work to change the oil and has it back before lunch time.

BUT...............!!!!!!!!!!! Good God, I have seen their "detail crew" come out with a bucket of dish soap and a stiff brush that you'd use on a boat deck to wash a brand new car right off the truck. Hard to believe.

Also, after doing a 3-step on my truck last year, the same "detail crew" thought it would be nice of them to spray my truck off with hard water with no drying after it went in for an oil change. Took me an hour to QD off the water spots.

Needless to say, I now have an understanding with my dealer. NOTHING detail related is to be done to my vehicles.

Sad, but true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    I work for a Toyota dealership and I never seen swirls like that.
    Hi Larry this is me Christian.
    Hope your feeling better and everything is ok.
    I have seen cars like this when the cars come back from detail.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234