autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

Thank you so much Mike. Now I have a step-by-step method spelled out for me! And you won't have to deal with me asking all those questions about single stage paint again!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

NIce Write up Mike, Alot of stuff to read up on
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Mike Phillips

***Update***

This article is scheduled to be published at AutoTraderClassic.com

I talked to the Content Manager at AutoTrader and he said their server choked when they tried to add it to their article library.

I did a picture and word count and here's what I came up with...

The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

12,143 Words
    91 Photos

Dampsanding has less words but more pictures...

Damp-Sanding Tools, Tips and Techniques by Mike Phillips

10,758 Words
    154 Pictures

Mike Phillips

This is very rewarding...

A forum member on MOL read my recent article on restoring antique and single stage paint then applied the techniques, entered his car into a car show and won a first place trophy...

1St place trophy, thanks to Mike Phillips, MOL & M07!

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    This is very rewarding...

A forum member on MOL read my recent article on restoring antique and single stage paint then applied the techniques, entered his car into a car show and won a first place trophy...

1St place trophy, thanks to Mike Phillips, MOL & M07!

Thats pretty awesome right there. I'm going to be getting a 1986 Lincoln Town Car (white) pretty soon...i believe it still has its original paint as well. Its in pretty rough shape right now...but i believe using the techniques listed in your artice (MAN that was a lot of reading lol) along with the thrill of doing my very own FIRST car will end up with awesome results. I'll have to hold back thou when i first get it as i want to make sure everything is in running order....gotta get the AC fixed...couple windows/door handles need to be fixed or replaced...and the biggest factor is when its on the freeway it overheats...and its not the radiator so gotta figure out what the problem there is.

after all thats done thou THEN i'll put the loving touch on it. I dont want to put all that work into it and then let a mechanice grease/scratch it all up...that might make me angry lol....I'll be sure to post pictures once i get it all finished.

Good stuff Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Superb write up. Thanks Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I just read through this whole article again and wanted to say thanks for all the time you put into it. Your love for single stage paints is very apparent when reading through that one!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding work Mike, this is one of the most dedicated and thorough write ups I have ever seen. Thank you for putting so much time and effort into it. I have to agree with Corey, your love of SS paints definitely shows through here.
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so I have SS paint. I have slight swirls and scratches as well. Would the best approach be to use swirl remover, then glaze, then polish, then seal?

Post Thanks / Like

That is an amazingly exhausting process! But, well worth the results. That's fantastic. I always knew single stage paint can be worked back to life...I just thought maybe there was an easier way, ha. Apparently there's not.

Just out of curiosity...what would you recommend charging for a service like this?? Cause this is a LOT of work. I would imagine this would be around $500 and up...

I would definitely like to offer this to my customers...so any advice on what I should charge would be much appreciated! Amazing job!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast