autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

How to Machine Scrub Carpets with 303 Products and the FLEX Cordless PE14 Rotary Polisher

How to Machine Scrub Carpets with 303 Products and the FLEX Cordless PE14 Rotary Polisher

The carpets were in good condition except for some normal wear-n-tear to the driver's front and for some reason, both the rear carpets.

If you've been trying to find a great reason to purchase a cordless FLEX PE14 Rotary Polisher besides using it the conventional way for paint correction, here's your reason. There's no replacement for machine scrubbing carpet.

Here's driver's side carpet. To be honest, I didn't think the dirt and stains would come out as well as they did. The end results look like the carpets were never dirty. And this light, almond color shows everything. It's not like I'm cleaning black or dark colored carpet where if you don't get everything out the color of the fabric will hide a lot.

Here I'm using the Cordless FLEX PE14 with a Heavy-Duty DA Carpet Brush – Long Bristles and 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner.

Not pictured is the passenger side carpet. It was still clean and vibrant, so I only vacuumed it and also blew it out with the Tornador Blow Out Gun. The other three carpets were machine scrubbed.

After machine scrubbing I used a strong spray of water to flush the carpets out until the water ran clear.

Then while the carpets were on a flat surface, I used my hand like a squeegee to press most of the excess water out.

It was hot and sunny outside so I trapped the smaller carpets under the wiper blades of my Honda after first wiping the wiper blades clean - of course.

The driver's side carpet was hung to the side of a Grit Guard Cart and then air-blasted the rest of the day and overnight using a Shop-Vac Air Mover.

The next day I sprayed all the carpets down with 303 Fabric Guard.

Instead of letting the Fabric Guard just sit on the fibers I dawned some nitrile gloves and massaged the product into the fibers and then let the carpets dry.

Check this out. Spraying an average paper towel with the Fabric Guard and then letting it dry.

Here's all carpets and paper towel drying.

Here's some normal H2O

The 303 Fabric Guard waterproofs the surface...

The carpets remained out of the car until a few hours before the owner picked up the car. Sorry no pictures.

Here's all the stuff I used...

Prices fluctuate over time so I don't normally include prices since the links will take you to the product on the AG store, but as I type on Wednesday, May 19th, in the year 2021 - the price without taxes and shipping for the cordless FLEX PE14 shows to be $597.99 - let's just call it $600.00 and this includes two 5 amp rechargeable batteries and the charger. But yeah, that's what it cost to get into a cordless PE14.

FLEX PE-150 Cordless Rotary Polisher

There's a short 1" bristle version but you don't want that one, you want this longer 1.5" bristle brush.

Heavy-Duty DA Carpet Brush – Long Bristles

303 Products

Note larger size bottles of both are available. See here.

303 Multi-Surface Cleaner 16 oz.

303 Fabric Guard 16 oz.

Tornador Blow Out Gun

Here's the link to the Tornador Blow Out Gun "white". At the time I'm writing this, the "black" version you see in the picture is not available.

Tornador Air Blow Out Gun

Sorry to say but the Shop-Vac Professional Air Mover you see being used is according to the Autogeek store - Discontinued. A normal box fan can get the job done.

Shop-Vac Professional Air Mover

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: How to Machine Scrub Carpets with the FLEX Cordless PE14 Rotary Polisher

Continued...

The full write-up for the complete detail for this car can be found here,

2016 Mercedes-Benz S550 4MATIC Coupe - Wolfgang Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to Machine Scrub Carpets with 303 Products and the FLEX Cordless PE14 Rotary Polisher

Superb recommendations!

Mike Phillips

Re: How to Machine Scrub Carpets with 303 Products and the FLEX Cordless PE14 Rotary Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post

Superb recommendations!

FLEX cordless technology is top notch, so are 303 products.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome stuff. While I’m not super big of interior work, those results sure had to be satisfying!!

303 Fabric guard is awesome. Been using it for years. I like that after application, maintaining fabric is just a quick vac and a wipe with a damp terry cloth towel.

I have also found that two lighter applications is better than one heavy application if time permits. A horse hair brush works nicely to work it in but I do like your hand and glove method.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this

KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!