autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand Yourself, Brand your Forum Nickname and Brand your Business Name

Who do I talk to about changing my user name?
    <a href=http://www.mirrorimageohio.com target=_blank>http://www.mirrorimageohio.com</a>
    Owner of Mirror Image Auto Detail
    "See Yourself in Our Finish"
    Serving the Greater NE Ohio area since 2003

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Labster View Post
    Who do I talk to about changing my user name?
    Anyone with Admin Privledges...

I can change it for you... what do you want your new name to be?

Mike Phillips

New article written yesterday, (8/12/2010), that ties into this thread...

How to put up a website for about $20.00 a year

Post Thanks / Like

Mike;
    Just a quick note to say thanks, you have no idea how much help you have been in setting up my new business. Tropical Reflections will be up and running soon.
    Bret Sovine
    Tropical Reflections Detailing
    bret@tropicalreflectionsdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Mike , I go under the user name Polishdoc when I post a thread I will post with my real name which is Mario!

My business name is Eurogloss Prestige Eurogloss Prestige - Car Detailing - Home on all other forums I post with my real name even if the user name is different !

Your advice is priceless with you that your real name will get you business I am a member sponsor of another forum and they all know me as Mario as a result of me posting my work on this forum I have already done detailed six cars which I will be posting on AG soon!

Thanks once again you are an inspiration to us all !

Mario

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
    Mike;
    Just a quick note to say thanks, you have no idea how much help you have been in setting up my new business. Tropical Reflections will be up and running soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by polishdoc View Post
    Mike,

Your advice is priceless with you that your real name will get you business I am a member sponsor of another forum and they all know me as Mario as a result of me posting my work on this forum I have already done detailed six cars which I will be posting on AG soon!

Thanks once again you are an inspiration to us all !

Mario

Gosh... I blush...

Thanks Bret and Mario for the kind words...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krstynmaur View Post
    well i was talking to my brother about it because he is thinking about doing the business with me and he said since my uncle has had a lawn company for 30 years named Maurer Lawn Care that maybe we should call it Maurer Car Care or Maurer Detailing...thats our last name lol but eh i mean its hard lol i want it to be catchy and not lame
    Kristyn,

I do a good bit of branding as part of my job. If your family name still has good recognition where you're going to open the detailing business, I would definitely use it. I would probably go with Maurer Detailing or something like that, maybe Maurer's Custom Detailing. "Car Care" sounds more like a service garage, so it may confuse potential customers on the service you are offering.

If I was going to do this as a business, I'd get a website up ASAP. Use photos of your car, family or friends cars you've already done. Choose a good logo and get professional business cards from the start. Establish on-line advertising. These steps are very cheap and very effective. Later on you can add a color brochure and I'd really consider an IPad or other tablet for in-person promotion - I use it and the impact is incredible.

Aside from that, Mike's recommendations are excellent. Develop your on-line presence using your name or your business name. Branding is one of the most powerful tools a business can use and it needs to be consistent for maximum effect.

Best of luck.

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Just though I would bump this thread for everyone thinking about getting into the car detailing world for the long run...

Think about your forum name and your real name or your business name and leverage everything you do... including posts to ANY forum.

Also... read this article...

Do you want to have a career in the car industry?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    This thread was very helpful. Thank you for attaching and sending me the link. I am glad to say I have read this information, and I look forward to seeing positive results with future branding.

P.S. I feel the same way in the fact that if I am going to post something, post something nice and that everyone wants to read, or don't post anything at all. You can only benefit yourself and others by giving positive feedback and comments.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bodedetailing View Post
    Mike,
    This thread was very helpful. Thank you for attaching and sending me the link. I am glad to say I have read this information, and I look forward to seeing positive results with future branding.

P.S.

I feel the same way in the fact that if I am going to post something, post something nice and that everyone wants to read, or don't post anything at all. You can only benefit yourself and others by giving positive feedback and comments.

You can run into all kinds of "characters" on any type of forum. I like to practice something my old manager Mike Pennington, at Meguiar's used to re-enforce to me when he knew I was dealing with "bad characters" on the MOL forum and that is to...

Take the high road...

Keep it clean, keep it nice and keep it professional. This is the time-proven path to the top and mud wrestling is the time proven path to staying at the bottom.

Also see this thread,

How to judge the character of a person by their posting history...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast