autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The difference between a swirl and squirrel

The difference: squirrels eat nuts, swirls drive you nuts
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: The difference between a swirl and squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    2 things: ...and I never went into any of them saying to myself..."man I can make a killing doing that"....I went in thinking, "God, I love doing this"...and the money always takes care of itself.

Best thing I've heard today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    What the best cleaner-wax available as a universal tool to keep in my collection Mike/others?

AMAZING article by the way.
    KAIO is pretty popular. Klasse All In One:

Klasse AIO 33 ounce, Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish 33 oz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ForceField View Post
    KAIO is pretty popular. Klasse All In One:

Klasse AIO 33 ounce, Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish 33 oz
    Thanks Force Field! Always wanted a good cleaner wax, used Meg's for years, seems good, get some of the paint oxidation on my applicator pads, maybe Klasse will be even more aggressive. Love upgrading to what makes the job easier with a better result!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Force Field! Always wanted a good cleaner wax, used Meg's for years, seems good, get some of the paint oxidation on my applicator pads, maybe Klasse will be even more aggressive. Love upgrading to what makes the job easier with a better result!
    You're welcome. I don't think it's more aggressive than Meg's cleaner wax though, as there are no abrasives in KAIO. Most all-in-ones are probably not very aggressive polishes, but then the pad, polisher speed, technique (downward pressure) you use also affects how much paint you strip off.

Mike Phillips

maybe Klasse will be even more aggressive.

Meguiar's D151 (SMAT) and M66, (DAT) are production grade cleaner/waxes specifically for tackling neglected cars via rotary, DA or hand... Klasse AIO is a non-abrasive, chemical cleaner/sealant. It does offer good cleaning ability but it's nowhere near able to do what the aforementioned Megs cleaner/waxes can do.

If you categorized "abrasive" cleaner/waxes by

• Aggressive
    • Medium
    • Light

Then I'd say the above two Meguiar's are at least medium in their correction ability and the benefit to this is they will still finish out exceptionally nice using polishing pads. (not cutting pads as cutting pads will tend to mar the paint).

Klasse AIO wouldn't fall into the light category in and of itself as it's non-abrasive. It's still a good light cleaner/sealant depending upon the aggressiveness of the pad and process used to apply it.

You'll find more aggressive cleaner/waxes in Marine Lines if you want more aggressive but keep in mind the more aggressive you go with the cutting factor the harder it will be to finish down to customer pleasing results. It's a trade-off for cut and results when it comes to any one-step products.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post here, there is such a huge difference between detailing showcars and DD, I prefer showcars over DD, yes it's a 3 step process. Compared to a 1 step but most all showcars are already very clean. It may take a little longer but the money is also much better and showcar owners seem to tip better as they understand what goes into detailing. My advice to anyone who is just starting out, stay away from showcars until you understand paint and all the differenet products involved. You screw up a paint job on a showcar...well you may want to move to a different state because your business will have just died. Start out with your own car and try different things, detailing is a form of art and its not for everyone, you have to have a passion and patients. Learn as much as you can, ask questions, and remember no question is a stupid one., ask people that are experienced, if their cool they will show you different things. Remember this.....you can never stop learning this art no matter how much experience you have. Best of luck and shine on.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post

Remember this.....you can never stop learning this art no matter how much experience you have.

I agree...

Post Thanks / Like

When the customers want to go cheap on me I just tend to Wash it with a soap that have gloss enhancer and as well just a glaze such as CG gloss revive glaze or wet mirror finish thats about it.

Those who want a high end of a job (takes me about 4-5 hours) I just tend to wash, clay, glaze, sealant, and wax.

10. Thanks FUNX650 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am now just really in the transition between detailing for family and friends after they witnessed my vehicle and all the cleaning supplies I have. Even though it was for family and friends people were very uncomfortable with me not charging them anything so in turn they always wanted me to give them a quote, of course I would after a majority of them told me to quote them like a regular priced detail shop would. Now of course I would not know that since I have never worked for one, but even though I would price a good price (I would call local shops and act like I wanted to get my vehicle detailed and took the medium of all the shops I called and set the low price based on what my family or friends wanted) but I would end up killing my self because of this exact reason, from all the hard work I would put in, no one except one or two of the people never noticed all the extra hard work I put in because a majority of my family that I cleaned for which were women usually only had something to say along the lines of, "Oh my gosh Ryan you made it so shiny!!!" And I am sitting here thinking, I think I went to far with my work. But I can tell my self everyday that I won't do this anymore but if I don't catch my self before I actually start a vehicle I then begin and just can not stop. The problem is as if it is a true mental disorder, perhaps I should diagnose my mental disorder as "PTSD - Paint , Trim, and Shiny Disorder" bad example but you get where I am going. It is something I really need to work on before I start advertising my somewhat new business that is not meant just for friends or family. :-/
    Last edited by RyanReasons; 04-03-2015 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Spelling errors & my horrible grammar
    Reasons Automotive Detailing
    Alamo, Tennessee 38001
    (731)-337-2421

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast