autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips & Techniques for using a Spray Detailer to Remove Light Dust, Fingerprints and Smudges

Quote Originally Posted by sabrina View Post
    Use PLENTY of premium quality microfiber polishing towels
    Don't try to wipe your entire car down using one or two towels if the goal is to maintain a flawless finish.
    Definitely need 3 towels

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips & Techniques for using a Spray Detailer to Remove Light Dust, Fingerprints and Smudges

I love Pinnacle crystal mist. It's awesome to use on a souveran covered car. It smells like I am putting a Suntan lotion on my car. XMT 360 final finish detailer smells awesome as well, like bubble gum....I often sniff the bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

I have decided to reduce marring my jet black paint b'mer by not doing any more between wash QD wipedowns. The only time I will do anything remotely near it is during bird dropping removal. My product of choice for that now is Poorboys S&W.

My dark grey Toyota, on the other hand, hides better and will get waterless washes and QD wipedowns from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I love Pinnacle crystal mist. It's awesome to use on a souveran covered car. It smells like I am putting a Suntan lotion on my car. XMT 360 final finish detailer smells awesome as well, like bubble gum....I often sniff the bottle.
    lol, don't sniff that bottle too much! lol

Seriously though, thanks for the tips.. Sounds like QD is the deal I am looking for to help remove finger smudges and dust from the car on my showroom! Our California duster does a good job but it can't handle finger print smudges and such...
    I see swirls everywhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great info

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike, thanks for your great input, as usual. Would you want to suggest what MF towels work best with Spray Detailers?

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up!, quick question, sorry if I missed it, can Spray Detailers, like Mothers Showtime, be used to remove compound residue ? or is it likely to act as a filler in some regard, causing defects to 'disappear' thus hiding them from being corrected ?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    Great write up!, quick question, sorry if I missed it, can Spray Detailers, like Mothers Showtime, be used to remove compound residue ? or is it likely to act as a filler in some regard, causing defects to 'disappear' thus hiding them from being corrected ?

I use spray detailers to remove stubborn compound residue.

I wouldn't worry about a spray detailer acting as a filler and remember, normally after compounding you're going to more steps so even if a spray detailer filled the next step would remove any filling.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to add that depending on the towel type you might not want to use all 8 sides of a towel. If its a dual pile towel you may only want to use the plush side for cleaning. This is how I do it anyway. That goes for quick detailing, waterless and rinseless.

I would not try to use the flat, short nap, side of a dual pile microfiber to do any of those three things Unless everything has been cleaned and buffed with a plush side first

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, thanks for this. I was pretty sure the snow flurry spotted dust was more than what would be safe for a spray detailer and your post confirmed it.

Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123