autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips & Techniques for using a Spray Detailer to Remove Light Dust, Fingerprints and Smudges

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I would place the 3M spray wax directly into the spray wax group. Some products cross over, what I did was read the manufactures directions and if a spray wax is recommended for removing light dust, then it's kind of a gray area but I don't think you'll find that on the 3M product.
    I was going by AG's description of the product: "I think quick detailing sprays may be the most under-rated group of products that there is. Take them for what they’re worth—use on clean dry paint to refresh that “just-waxed” look and remove dust that has settled, use as an aid for removing stubborn polishes or waxes,use to shine tires, windshields, and hard plastic surfaces.

3M Quick Wax is good for anywhere or anytime you want to wipe away dust, smudges, dirt, or surface contaminants. Spray on, wipe off! Easy, versatile, instant gratification. What more can you want? It’s a detailer’s and show car owner’s best friend. Keep it in your glove box or trunk with a microfiber detailing towel, and use on panels that are still wet from washing and rinsing, during the drying phase to keep your finish sparkling, or between washes or major wax applications. It’s great for turning up the shine, instantly! It helps to extend the life of your wax. Best of all, it couldn’t be easier to use. Your vehicle can always look like you just spent hours on it."

On my bottle, it just has directions for use - it doesn't give a description of the product or say what it does. Which is why I'm not sure which group it would be classified in - spray detailers or spray waxes. The name is confusing as well.
    Last edited by Shane731; 01-28-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips & Techniques for using a Spray Detailer to Remove Light Dust, Fingerprints and Smudges

nice write up, appreciate the effort Mike

2007 Honda Civic SI

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    I

On my bottle, it just has directions for use - it doesn't give a description of the product or say what it does. Which is why I'm not sure which group it would be classified in - spray detailers or spray waxes. The name is confusing as well.

I have a bottle right here in front of me and you're right, it's not real specific, it does include this,

Prior to applying 3M Quick Wax, remove any heavy grit on the paint surface.

The way they worded that statement it makes it sound like you can leave light girt on the surface and still use the product!

Seriously, before using a dedicated spray wax, it's a good idea to remove any loose surface dust, it's just too much work to remove swirls and scratches so why take a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

So, that being the case, which group does 3M Quick Wax fall into? Or is it kind of a gray area product?
    Shane

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    So, that being the case, which group does 3M Quick Wax fall into? Or is it kind of a gray area product?
    It's a spray-on wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    It's a spray-on wax.

OK. Thanks for clearing that up Mike! You da man!
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice descriptive article and the visuals are right on for sizing of areas...Thanks Mike
    al

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, do you think waterless products can safely remove some bonded film? Is there are similar definition as you did with the typical spray detailer?
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A very nice post.Thanks for sharing such a useful and helpful information with us.
    It looks that you’ve put a good amount of effort into your article.
    Its really a very helpful to me because I am Automotive Dealer and now I can tell my customer abut this technique easily. Keep Sharing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Use PLENTY of premium quality microfiber polishing towels
    Don't try to wipe your entire car down using one or two towels if the goal is to maintain a flawless finish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast