autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Tips for choosing a name for your detailing business

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedotmil View Post

Mike,

I'm starting to make my detailing business brand and would like your opinion on what I have so far. Here is what I'm calling it.

Neue Fertig Detailing (New Finish in German)

neuefertigdetailing.com

Confusing or good because of the uniqueness in the name and spelling.

I could very well use New Finish Detailing but I'm kind of mehhh on that one. It just sounds like every other detailing business.

Newfurtigdetailing is how it's spelled out and sounds. IDK.

I'll be honest.... I don't like it.

I don't know how to say or pronounce it.
    I have know idea what it means?
    I could never spell it.
    I think it would be hard to remember well enough to get close to typing in anything similar into Google to try to find it.
    It's just so abstract.

Take a read-through my original post in this thread again and look at the criteria I suggest for picking a good business name.

How to choose a name for your detailing business

Sure there are companies that break all the rules and are successful but here's my take on all of this...

Don't make your customer WORK at doing business with you. Or in other words, don't make your customer WORK at giving you their money. You want to make it EASY, not hard.

Hope that helps....

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SOMJoseph View Post

Thoughts on these names anyone?

SuperSport Detailing
    Prestige Miami Detailing
    Prestige Detailing
    Legacy Detailing

Anyone think one or more of these could be keepers?
    I like the second one...

Prestige Miami Detailing

Maybe brain storm an idea for a different word for prestige. It's not a super common word used by the average person. It can be hard to spell for some, just saying... Instead us using a $10.00 word try to find a $1.00 word.

The words Miami and Detailing are good as it tells you customer the area you cover and what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by 911 Crazy View Post

Just starting my business and calling it Maine Shine.

Located in Maine of course. Thoughts? Thanks.

I get the play on words but it's kind of weak. Maine of course tells your customer you're local, one of them. The word shine however could mean you clean house windows?

Try to work in a word about what you do.

Mike Phillips

To everyone that reads this....

After you figure out what you want for a business name take a look at your forum nickname.

Does it have ANYTHING to do with your business name or real name?

All these silly form nicknames.... I've just never understood what this is all about?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. Hope to make it to another Boot Camp this winter. Attended one in the Spring of 2012 I believe. Time for an update/refresher! Cheers.

PS: Wait a minute. Did you say weak???
    Tim Thomas
    PCA Downeast

Post Thanks / Like

How about;

Maine Shine
    Complete Detailing Services

???
    Tim Thomas
    PCA Downeast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    To everyone that reads this....

After you figure out what you want for a business name take a look at your forum nickname.

Does it have ANYTHING to do with your business name or real name?

All these silly form nicknames.... I've just never understood what this is all about?

It's because we all have problems from the neck on up!
    Tim Thomas
    PCA Downeast

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The name alone is what's keeping me from offically starting my detail business. I do it for few friends and a few people who come in where I work. But I don't want to promote myself to the masses without a name and some business cards. When I was younger I was very creative and probably would have came up with 50 names in a few days. But in my old age I suck lol.

Originally I came up with i4detail, my friend who's going to partner up with me seemed to really love it. I thought it was sorta catchy, I knew I had to Google it. Sure enough it was already waaaay overused. Nobody locally, but it's not original and honestly I didn't like how it looked on the business cards I designed.

Polished 2 Perfection - For some reason I sorta like this one. Except it doesn't exactly scream automobile detailing, don't know if average Joes would even know what the hell kind of business it was by the name alone. Also probably already used.

Rise & Shine - a play on words, which isn't even really a play on words. Seems lame to me, I've ran it by some people to get their opinions. A few really liked it. That's not saying much though lol.

Immaculate Detailing - I haven't Googled this, but my Spidey senses are telling me this is definitely already used. Probably not by a local place, but it sounds too I dunno, generic?

Waxologists - Welp, sounds pretty corny and without Googling I'm sure about 100 detailers already use it. And probably 10x as many for hair salons.

What sucks is I have a bunch of shirts in my cart on Queensboro ready to go minus the logo Same with business cards. I have a pretty nice design just no name to finish it. I don't have to be 100% original here, I just don't want to straight up steal a name either, even if it's a guy in NY who I'll never meet. Even if it's a name I come up with on my own and Google it after to find out it exists. Unfortunately the people I've been running names by, most of them seem to be easily impressed or just overly nice.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post

The name alone is what's keeping me from officially starting my detail business.

When I was younger I was very creative and probably would have came up with 50 names in a few days. But in my old age I suck LOL.

Don't give up.

I'm a huge fan of brainstorming. You have an awesome group of people here on AGO that will help you to brainstorm ideas for you business name. Start a thread, list the details, like the name of your city, state what type of detailing you like to do, etc. and then simply ask for help.

And each time you get a name idea you really like check to see if it's taken as a .com

If it is then try a variant. Keep working at it till you see it through to success.

Tenacity - that's what it's all about.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I went with Eco-Detail go the dot com for it, it is primarily a waterless wash rinse company with detailing services available i live in vegas and and the water restrictions here are pretty steep

Post Thanks / Like

How about;
    Geek Auto Detailing featuring Auto Geek Products!
    Tim Thomas
    PCA Downeast

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast