autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

What can I use on my plastic on my avalanche to make it last any ideas let me know thanks

What can I use on my plastic on my avalanche to make it last any ideas let me know thanks Ron I watch your commercials a lot

I get a lot of questions via e-mail. I appreciate everyone's trust. Don't have time to type for one set of eyeballs though...

Hi Ron,

Here's the short answer...

Whatever product you decide to use - you must use it regularly.

The plastic GM gave you on your Avalanche didn't last forever on it's own and nothing you pour out of a bottle and wipe onto the plastic is going to last forever either.

That's just how it works.

Here's a product called Solution Finish and it works but two things,

1: The plastic must be clean before use. If you've used Armor All or other oily protectants in the past you must do a super duper cleaning job to get as much of this other stuff off.

2: After using Solution Finish, you must keep on using it. Same goes for ANY product.

Nothing lasts on plastic. This is why I drive a classic Chevy. It has CHROME.

See my full write-up here from one of my classes. I show with picture and explain with text what to do.

How to do high quality production detailing - Your largest market!

Mike Phillips

p.s

Lots of people find me via the how-to articles I write and share on the www.AutogeekOnline.net car detailing discussion forum.

This is also where I prefer to answer (type out in-depth answers), for car detailing questions. That’s because when I do this via e-mail only one set of eyeballs sees the information and it can be time intensive and I don’t have tons of typing time.

It’s also a LOT harder to share links, pictures and videos in an e-mail.

So I’m happy to answer your questions but I need to do it on the forum.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2017 8:27 PM
    To: Mike Phillips <mike.phillips@Autogeek.net>
    Subject: What can I use on my plastic on my avalanche to make it last any ideas let me know thanks Ron I watch your commercials a lot

Hope that helps....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What can I use on my plastic on my avalanche to make it last any ideas let me know thanks

If the plastic trim on your Avalanche is already starting to show signs of wear, and you're wondering what would be ideal to use for the pre cleaning/prep prior to starting regular maintenance on it, I'd recommend using this trim cleaner from Mothers. If your trim has already begun to take a beating, prep is the key!

http://www.autogeek.net/best-car-wax...stic-trim.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What can I use on my plastic on my avalanche to make it last any ideas let me know thanks

GM's TSB #04-08-111-001E
    covers this problem. (npi)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    GM's TSB #04-08-111-001E
    covers this problem. (npi)

Bob

I looked up the Technical Service Bulleting, looks like Gatorback is a spray on fix, like paint or bed liner type material. If it is... the real key will be in the prep work or there will be flaking and delamination.