autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The FLEX BEAST, Supa BEAST & CBEAST - 8mm Gear-Driven Orbital Polishers

Quote Originally Posted by jas02ta View Post
    Thanks Mike. That’s great news about the cBEAST working well on the hard paint. If time is not of the essence “per say”,since I’ll be doing family/friends vehicles could the cBEAST still remove heavy swirl marks or even oxidized paint? I have a black is250 with 10 years worth of swirls. I’m really hoping the cBEAST could be my main go to tool. Out of curiosity, if it can do the heavy swirls, is it costing me approximately an extra 1/2 hr in time compared to the Supa BEAST? Sorry that I keep dragging my decision out.
    CBeast is 90% of a SupaBeast and a SupaBeast is a SupaBeast meaning it is a beast of a capable polishing tool. So yes a CBeast can correct very well. Realize that yes you may need to do a major correction every once in a while but once you correct your vehicle, you will take care of it and it will never get that bad again. So yes a major correction may take more time for someone like Mike Phillips. But for you and I who are less experienced, I don’t know that a SupaBeast with a cord would save me any time compared to a CBeast where I’m not dragging the cord. I chose a CBeast and I oh so love not dragging a cord. I’ll take an additional 15 min on a minor correction or 30 min on a major correction (haven’t done one since getting CBeast) any day vs having to deal with that damn cord.

Mike Phillips

Thanks Mike. That’s great news about the cBEAST working well on the hard paint. If time is not of the essence “per say”,since I’ll be doing family/friends vehicles could the cBEAST still remove heavy swirl marks or even oxidized paint?
    You bet.

Any tool that will remove light swirls out of soft paint will remove deep swirls out of hard paint it's just a "time" issue.

If you're not in a hurry then I the CBEAST is a capable tool. Just as important is the tool - you need to match the pad to the job and above all else - use great abrasive technology.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    You bet.

Any tool that will remove light swirls out of soft paint will remove deep swirls out of hard paint it's just a "time" issue.

If you're not in a hurry then I the CBEAST is a capable tool. Just as important is the tool - you need to match the pad to the job and above all else - use great abrasive technology.

Thanks Mike.

I’m heavily leaning toward the CBEAST now. I want the best of both worlds with the Supa BEAST power and having no tail with the CBEAST, but unfortunately that’s not realistic.

I’m sure I’m WAY over thinking all this and just need to buy one already.

My last questions are:

1) regarding the time factor....My car is a black Lexus is250. It has swirl marks all over from car washes, etc. If you were to 1 step it, how much of a time difference would it be with the CBEAST vs Supa BEAST? Just gauging in general how much extra time a CBEAST would take vs the Supa BEAST for a production detail.

2) I’ll be detailing a 2nd car that has heavy oxidation on the trunk. (Picture below) The CBEAST can handle it, correct? Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. I’m heavily leaning toward the CBEAST now. I want the best of both worlds with the Supa BEAST power and having no tail with the CBEAST, but unfortunately that’s not realistic. I’m sure I’m WAY over thinking all this and just need to buy one already. My last questions are: 1) regarding the time factor....My car is a black Lexus is250. It has swirl marks all over from car washes, etc. If you were to 1 step it, how much of a time difference would it be with the CBEAST vs Supa BEAST? Just gauging in general how much extra time a CBEAST would take vs the Supa BEAST for a production detail. 2) I’ll be detailing a 2nd car that has heavy oxidation on the trunk. (Picture below) The CBEAST can handle it, correct? Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated.
    That doesn’t look like oxidation to me, that looks like failed clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like

You bet.

Hello. Any thoughts on the follow up questions? Also, I purchased the Pinnacle compound and polishes through Autogeek to cover the great abrasive technology portion. Thanks Mike.

Mike Phillips

Hello. Any thoughts on the follow up questions?

Also, I purchased the Pinnacle compound and polishes through Autogeek to cover the great abrasive technology portion.

Thanks Mike.

If by "follow-up" questions you mean fixing this paint?

I agree with dgage,

Quote Originally Posted by dgage

That doesn’t look like oxidation to me, that looks like failed clear coat.

BUT here's the deal. I've seen paint as bad as this brought back to life, so like I've typed HUNDREDS of times on this forum,

You don't know what you can do until you try

So get out there and TRY.

Mike Phillips

1) regarding the time factor....

My car is a black Lexus is250. It has swirl marks all over from car washes, etc.

If you were to 1 step it, how much of a time difference would it be with the CBEAST vs Supa BEAST? Just gauging in general how much extra time a CBEAST would take vs the Supa BEAST for a production detail.
    The two huge factors here are,

Skill and Experience

I have a ton of both - so how long it would take me to do the same job as someone that's brand new to this type of work could be HOURS, maybe days.

I can knock out most passenger size cars - doing a HEAVY correction step with the Supa BEAST in 2-3 hours using a quality one-step product.

If I were to use the CBEAST - I might had to add 2 more hours. The reason why is because if you're working on paint in bad condition trying to take it to GOOD or even GREAT condition - you're going to PUSH HARD with these types of tools.

The corded BEAST will simply take it. The cordless BEAST will chew through batteries and even when running with a fully charged battery it's simply not going to have the BRUTE POWER offered by a corded tool.

Corded tools, ANY BRAND - will not take the place of the BRUTE POWER you get with the Supa BEAST.

That's just a fact.

2) I’ll be detailing a 2nd car that has heavy oxidation on the trunk. (Picture below)

The CBEAST can handle it, correct?

That looks like clearcoat failure to me.

It's white and clearcoat is supposed to be clear. When clearcoat paint is neglected and abused for long periods of time it suffers clearcoat failure and the beginning stage of clearcoat failure is the clear paint tuns white.

Next it flakes off.

See my articles here,

Beginning Clearcoat Failure

The Clearcoat Failure Photo Archive

Also - If I were to use the CBEAST to tackle paint that looks like the paint in the picture - I would be using a microfiber pad with the Pinnacle Advanced Compound. The chase the results with a foam pad because FIBERS are ABRASIVES.

Fibers are a form of abrasive - Foam Pads vs Microfiber Pads by Mike Phillips

If it were me?

I would use the Supa BEAST for the car in the picture and the other car. It's just a matter of power, which means SPEED.

Post Thanks / Like

The two huge factors here are,

Skill and Experience

I have a ton of both - so how long it would take me to do the same job as someone that's brand new to this type of work could be HOURS, maybe days.

I can knock out most passenger size cars - doing a HEAVY correction step with the Supa BEAST in 2-3 hours using a quality one-step product.

If I were to use the CBEAST - I might had to add 2 more hours. The reason why is because if you're working on paint in bad condition trying to take it to GOOD or even GREAT condition - you're going to PUSH HARD with these types of tools.

The corded BEAST will simply take it. The cordless BEAST will chew through batteries and even when running with a fully charged battery it's simply not going to have the BRUTE POWER offered by a corded tool.

Corded tools, ANY BRAND - will not take the place of the BRUTE POWER you get with the Supa BEAST.

That's just a fact.

That looks like clearcoat failure to me.

It's white and clearcoat is supposed to be clear. When clearcoat paint is neglected and abused for long periods of time it suffers clearcoat failure and the beginning stage of clearcoat failure is the clear paint tuns white.

Next it flakes off.

See my articles here,

Beginning Clearcoat Failure

The Clearcoat Failure Photo Archive

Also - If I were to use the CBEAST to tackle paint that looks like the paint in the picture - I would be using a microfiber pad with the Pinnacle Advanced Compound. The chase the results with a foam pad because FIBERS are ABRASIVES.

Fibers are a form of abrasive - Foam Pads vs Microfiber Pads by Mike Phillips

If it were me?

I would use the Supa BEAST for the car in the picture and the other car. It's just a matter of power, which means SPEED.

Thanks Mike for all the detailed information once again. Made my decision to buy the Supa Beast, but it’s currently out of stock on Autogeek. Maybe you have some pull with Chris? The FLEX BEAST,  Supa BEAST & CBEAST - 8mm Gear-Driven Orbital Polishers Anyway, hopefully I can get my hands on it soon to start detailing. Thanks again Mike!

Mike Phillips

Thanks Mike for all the detailed information once again.
    That's my style. I post in-depth information that helps people.

Not like Facebook, YouTube and Instagram where you get one-liners from all the world's experts.

Made my decision to buy the Supa Beast,

We've learned that education, real-world stuff like I type - leads to sales.

but it’s currently out of stock on Autogeek.

Maybe you have some pull with Chris? The FLEX BEAST,  Supa BEAST & CBEAST - 8mm Gear-Driven Orbital Polishers
    When I talk to him next - I'll ask him when we're getting our next shipment.

If I were you - if you really want one - I'd place my order ASAP. It's not going to get any better. We can't keep them in stock. Covid-19 is hampering production of all types of things on planet Earth. So by placing an order you get yourself in line.

Anyway, hopefully I can get my hands on it soon to start detailing.

Thanks again Mike!

Happy to help... that's what I do... I'm the car detailing world helper.

Post Thanks / Like

As always great information. I want to add the Supa BEAST to my arsenal. However, you guys are out! On the notify list! But as always KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast