autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The FLEX BEAST, Supa BEAST & CBEAST - 8mm Gear-Driven Orbital Polishers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    That's my style. I post in-depth information that helps people.

Not like Facebook, YouTube and Instagram where you get one-liners from all the world's experts.

We've learned that education, real-world stuff like I type - leads to sales.

When I talk to him next - I'll ask him when we're getting our next shipment.

If I were you - if you really want one - I'd place my order ASAP. It's not going to get any better. We can't keep them in stock. Covid-19 is hampering production of all types of things on planet Earth. So by placing an order you get yourself in line.

Happy to help... that's what I do... I'm the car detailing world helper.

Update: It came back in stock, so I just ordered the SUPA Beast!! Thank you again for answering all my questions. Is it possible to have you sign it before it ships out? I requested that in the comment section of the order too. Anyway, just really appreciative of your hard work and dedication in spreading your wealth of knowledge for FREE to all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes ollever, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this article as today 05/02/2021 I took your advice, Mike and got the SUPA BEAST with the recommended 6" Backing plate. I have the VRG and it's been my go to DA for at least 5 to 6 years. I've abused it, dropped it several times and recently, it's age is starting to show and is starting to get a little tired, but it still rocks.

I bought the XCE 10-8 125 corded machine today. Can't wait to try her out! If things go as planned, my VRG will be my back up. My PC 7424XP will be my wax/sealant applicator as well as my mini DA.

I have learned to be more gentle on all my DA's now....LOL

Take care and KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

4. Likes dwaleke, JustJesus, Willbeen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my cbeast. Smooth and never stalls.

6. Likes dwaleke, Kamakaz1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus let me borrow his cbeast. Really nice tool to work with.

8. Likes PaulMys, JustJesus, Kamakaz1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can the cbeast finish down well or even jewel paint ?
    I have the supa beast but just wondered what the cbeast can do for just normal swirled paint that doesnt need heavy correction. Not heard many good things said about the finisher, but would the cbeast solve its issue by being able to do cutting but also able to finish as well, or is it not capable of finishing down well ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickyc View Post
    I have the supa beast but just wondered what the cbeast can do for just normal swirled paint that doesnt need heavy correction. Not heard many good things said about the finisher, but would the cbeast solve its issue by being able to do cutting but also able to finish as well, or is it not capable of finishing down well ?
    Do you think you can't finish well enough with the Supa BEAST? I think the CBEAST will be much like it, a little less power but still a gear driven machine that will deliver similar results albeit in a little more time. I think if you want a good cordless 15mm random orbital the Milwaukee M18 one might be a good option.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the paint, soft paint may have issues with a forced rotation but presumably if you get a soft enough pad (Rupes white or similar) it should finish down well. For me, the CBeast is my most used polisher and it usually finishes down well with a Rupes yellow wool or Rupes/Uro-Tec yellow pads. I also have the Finisher but rarely reach for it due to a lack of power.

Post Thanks / Like

As for Gear-Driven Orbital Polishers I don't have a Flex but I do have a Rupes Mille.

When I got the Rupes Mille I did a side-by-side comparison between it and a Meguiar's MT300 Random Orbital to see if one finished better than the other. I did the comparison on a black panel where it is my opinion that all tests of this nature should be performed. Black will show you nuances that may not be obvious or evident on other colors. Those nuances are there on every other color, it's just that you can't see them as easily.

The results of my comparison indicated to me that the Random Orbital Polisher produced a better finish than the Gear-Driven Orbital Polisher. Both polishers provided an acceptable finish for the majority of cases, but if you are looking for the absolute best finish any paint is capable of, I give the edge to the Random Orbital Polisher over the Gear-Driven Orbital Polisher.

13. Likes Bruno Soares, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

100% Yes. Beast finishes out perfectly. Soft black Lexus paint is just one example. Just pop on a CarPro Gloss pad and Jewel away. I have hundreds of examples if you're interested. Just PM Me.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567