Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

I have never done an RV. Would the Beast be a better choice?
If the finish was really bad and one of your primary goals is speed, then gear-driven would be the more efficient tool choice just because there's zero chance for pad stalling. A RUPES Mille or Makita PO5000C could be options too.

Because there is so much flat surface area, a 21mm long stroke would also be a good choice, tools like the RUPES or Griot's models.

Anytime you had to buff out an intricate area like around windows of doo-dads protruding off the surface plane, then gear-driven would plow through these areas. I guess it just depends on how perfect you want to get 100% of each millimeter of the surface - or not. Me? I'd take a more BIG PICTURE view and focus on the major flat areas and pay less attention to the minutia. It's the big areas that people are going to see.

I'm a big fan of the BEASTS but I also like 21mm long strokes for final polishing. If I had to buff out a swirled out basecoat/clearcoat RV and a 21mm free spinning long stroke would work that's what I would use.

If I were doing it, that’s what I would grab(again never buffed an RV so hence my ?) I think the ability to use a 6.5 inch pad would be beneficial is my one thought.
That would work.

I'm a fan of the RUPES 7" White foam finishing pad for use on either the BEASTS or the 21mm tools. Again - only if this pad my my product are enough to remove the defects in one step.

Another thought is holograms are “usually” easily removed with a typical free spinning DA like the PC. So would a lighter free spinning DA polisher be beneficial for the fatigue factor?
Yep and agree. Thus the RUPES BigFoot 21 Mark III if it worked.

I actually hope I never have to buff out anything big again. I'll take cars like this all day long.