autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to avoid germs - Gas Station

Quote Originally Posted by Avgguy View Post
    Thanks. Do you have a source for this ? Just asking.
    It's on the news. You should be able to Google it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirV1 View Post
    And here I thought I was the only one that does this! Good to see I am not alone. I read about a study somewhere that E. Coli is commonly found on gas pump nozzles. That got my attention to say the least.

Hand sanitizer is effective against some viruses, notably cold viruses and "some" flu viruses. They are not effective against the norovirus (aka "stomach flu"). You have to follow the directions too by using a small amount and rubbing your hands together until they are dry.

Another good practice is to maintain your Vitamin D levels by taking a vitamin D3 supplement during the winter when you can't get any sunlight exposure. Why do more people get colds/flu during the winter? They're inside in close spaces with a lot of people and they aren't getting any Vitamin D from the sun. Once I started taking a vitamin D supplement, I hardly ever get sinus infections.

RamAirV1
    Good stuff, thanks.

3. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    It's on the news. You should be able to Google it

Googled it plenty and read plenty... until I'm numb almost. I have no doubt it's airborne for a short while but nothing definitive that I've seen yet in writing from reputable sources.

Post Thanks / Like

Googled it plenty and read plenty... until I'm numb almost. I have no doubt it's airborne for a short while but nothing definitive that I've seen yet in writing from reputable sources.
    Ok

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's airborne for longer than anyone is admitting.

New York is now recommending ANY one going outside "Wear a homemade mask" of just about anything you can think of. (Cloth, bandana, etc..) But NOT N-95 or the like.

They don't want the general public using up the medical masks, but now realize the airborne risks.

The cryptic, and sporadic information about the true dangers of this virus is more than alarming.

Do yourself a favor and wear a mask if you even THINK of going out in public. Google searches be dammed.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    It's airborne for longer than anyone is admitting.

New York is now recommending ANY one going outside "Wear a homemade mask" of just about anything you can think of. (Cloth, bandana, etc..) But NOT N-95 or the like.

They don't want the general public using up the medical masks, but now realize the airborne risks.

The cryptic, and sporadic information about the true dangers of this virus is more than alarming.

Do yourself a favor and wear a mask if you even THINK of going out in public. Google searches be dammed.
    Yeah that's why I just said "ok". Lol. Thank you King Paul lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

For your info....

I've been following this virus outbreak from the very beginning. Basically as soon as videos started coming out of Wuhan, China in the first few weeks of January.

My fear is in a best-case scenario something got loose from a laboratory, in a worst-case scenario it's a bio-weapon that got loose. I've read reports that say it's from natural origin and reports that it's from un-natural origin. If take the 30,000 foot view, nothing this virus is doing is anything anyone has seen before and the measures the world is forced to undertake has also never been seen.

It maybe one of these topics we never get the truth on. One thing I know for sure, it does not seem to act like any normal flu or cold I've ever learned about. So everyone can do their own research via thier own news sources and make up their own mind.

I'm a news junkie, have been since Bill Clinton was elected. No stranger to talk radio and of course the web. My first how-to article dates back to 1994 on the Usenet Newsgroups. Most of you reading this probably don't know what that means.

Anyways, we've had 2 people in our Condo complex diagnosed with the virus. We found out this last Tuesday, about 2:00pm. We were taking this very seriously before that and even more so since Tuesday.

I'm happy to say, no symptoms so far.

Back to the news...

I watch FOX, CNN and usually a little MSNBC, just to get a good cross-section of what the MSM is reporting.

Yesterday, while watching FOX news, the morning crew interviewed Dr. Oz. The questions asked, the answers given and the examples of test results shared were interesting enough for me to rewind the show and then stand in front of the TV and record it.

I've already shared it with many of my friends. I share it because I this thing is dangerous. Ever since I heard the topic of the below medicines brought up,

Chloroquine
    Zithromax
    Zinc Sulfate

I've been following any and all news about them. I was startled to find out politicians in Nevada, Michigan and New Your passed laws or regulations barring the use of them for different reasons. It didn't make good common sense considering what we're up against and the medicines are established as safe when prescribed accordingly.

I know there was a fear of hoarding but the only way to get them is from a prescription from a Dr. so it's not like we can all go down to Walgreens and hoard them.

I'm happy to see Nevada and Michigan have rescinded whatever they did to lock down on these drugs. I'm not sure where New York is at but we'll find out soon.

I was impressed to find out that of the 80+ people I sent the link to this video, a larger number of them messaged me back and said they had seen it.

About 90% of the people I shared it with texted me back and say thank you.

So before you pass judgement on the video without watching it because you're not a FOX news fan, take 10 minutes and listen. It is interesting. If I would have seen this info shared on CNN or MSNBC or ANY other news channel I would have taped it too.

UPDATE

YouTube removed my video

One thing for sure, if I or my wife catches this thing, I want my Dr. to get me started on all three ASAP. I'll take the chance and find out if it was the right choice 5-6 days after I get the meds.

Watch whatever news channels you like, this post is not about politics, it's about getting our country through this and if any of us catch it, I don't want to lose anyone.

FWIW

12. Likes PaulMys, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

How to avoid germs - Gas Station

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Here's the link to an interactive map that updates stats for the Coronavirus here in Florida.

Florida's COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard

If you go to Google and use some general search terms like,

Interactive coronavirus map YOUR STATE GOES here

You can probably find a state map for where you live.

As of today, the map is only showing 4 people in our county. I think these stats are the stats to watch,

Case for Martin County

Total cases: 4

Travel-Related: 1

Not Travel-Related: 3

I read this to mean 3 people have acquired the virus from other people or touching something that was contaminated.

Our neighbors are older, they went to Publix this morning for the shopping time set aside for senior citizens. They said it was a zoo. The line to get into the store went all they way down the frontage sidewalk past the local Bealls store.

They said no on was wearing gloves or masks. I'm not sure what kind of indicator this is? As long as no one has the virus is in the store I'd say everyone is safe. If one person is a carrier then everyone is at risk.

I posted the above last week, Tuesday March 24th. I just checked the interactive map, now Martin County, where Autogeek is located and where we live, is up to 42 people. If other models are an indicator, this number will start to grow exponentially - unless - the self-quarantining has a strong effect.

Here’s screen shots of Martin county and the county North and South of Martin county. We have staff in all 3 counties.

West Palm Beach has a much larger population and also the PBI International Airport.

14. Thanks Thomkirby, RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is more serious than the US government leads you to believe.

The US is acting like they usually do (Gotta protect those BIG banks, and keep ALL the money flowing into them from 300% profit mortgages,and dollars to fund the US military industrial complex).

But...... we need to now divert a huge chunk of that toward a pandemic. Big inconvenience for those institutions. Have you been contacted by your bank for a mortgage forbearance? Of course not. You need to try and contact THEM and sit on hold for 4 hours (Happened to me).

Win or lose with this pandemic (I believe we will win), beware of these big banks coming directly after the most vulnerable of us in the form of wanting ALL of the forbearance payments deferred in one lump sump afterward. (Not tacked on the ends of the loans).

I have spent hours talking to these predatory scumbags, and this is what will happen unless they are staved off by a federal mandate.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Likes ducksfan, bofh, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They call them banksters for a reason.

Since nobody is more to blame for what's happening than anyone else, no group should take the entire hit. Landlords and banks could be made to share in the cost instead of businesses/individuals taking the full brunt. This would also lessen the economic effect going forward.

We don't need another 'greatest transfer of wealth' recession.

18. Likes PaulMys, RamAirV1 liked this post
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast