autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to avoid germs - Gas Station

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Sorry, I care nothing about professional sports.
    Same here!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Let all stand together and keep strong. We need to beat this!!

Mike Phillips

My friend and alumni of both my Bootcamp class and the boat class just sent me these two pictures from carrental.com

4. Likes Thomkirby, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how it compares to the handle of a grocery store shopping cart.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

6. Likes PaulMys, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Here's the link to an interactive map where you can locate you state and county for a current update on the number of Coronavirus cases.

U.S. Interactive Update Map for COVID-19 Data

I just checked Martin County, this would be Stuart, where AG is located, then Port Saint Lucie, the county nearest us to the North and Wes Palm Beach, the county nearest us to the South.

Stuart

Port Saint Lucie

West Palm Beach

8. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Continued....

I posted the below on Tuesday of this week - (03-24-2020, 06:15 PM)

As of today, the map is only showing 4 people in our county. I think these stats are the stats to watch,

Case for Martin County

Total cases: 4

Travel-Related: 1

Not Travel-Related: 3

It's now Friday, 3 days later and we're at 16 diagnosed cases - so in 3 days we've tripled the number of cases.

Ugh.... please everyone, no matter where you live, wash your hands often, try to self-quarantine, don't do stupid stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's something very interesting, a mapping of theoretical illness based on body temperatures taken throughout the U.S. via data from "smart" thermometers used by several million people. For 8 years, a company called Kinsa has been selling and giving away these "smart" thermometers to be carried by people akin to other body monitors people are using ... FitBit, etc.

US Health Weather Map by Kinsa

Kinsa has used the data collected to map and compare, among other things, yearly flu illness levels/trends and locations of outbreak.

Kinsa has now developed an additional element to their temperature mapping. Besides showing where body temps are elevated (indicating some type of illness present), they are further breaking it down in to illness that would likely be attributed to the seasonal flu and illness that would be attributed to something else ... the "something else" possibly being COVID-19. They base this off of the normal levels/patterns of illness they have seen for this time of year during the past 8 years for which they have collected data.

To read the map, first click on Observed. This will show you a map of how much of the population is currently affected by flu-like illness. This would include everyone ... people with flu AND people with COVID-19.

Trends represents the 7 day rolling average change of illness.

Then, click on Atypical. This is the biggie. This will show you a map of "unexpected" illness, or how much of the Observed population is above and beyond what is the previously-observed (ie. normal) amounts of flu illness for this time of year and location, based on the last 8 years of data collected. The deviation could thus represent the amount of COVID-19 infections.

The Atypical map does present an interesting picture. Compared to other areas of the country, NY/Tri-state stands out on the Atypical map, as does a few other known hotspots like Detroit, and then also Florida. But California and Washington do not, despite being hotspots and also locations where you would think there would be more of these thermometers in use.

11. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

On Wednesday, March 25th, The below medicine combinations were supposed to start undergoing testing in New York?

1: Chloroquine (hydroxychloroquine/Plaquenil)

2: Zithromax (generic name azithromycin)

3: Zinc sulfate

This is based upon the success Didier Raoult, a French virologist has had using this combination to treat the virus.

So far no word about the testing?

I for one will be watching for news updates on this treatment combo and hope it proves to be at least our first line of attack against this virus moving forward. Then with time, there will be more discoveries to help us either eliminate it as a risk or at least have a remedy for anyone that catches it.

Still waiting?

Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting?

I'm thinking it's one of two things, Mike.

A) The drugs do not work as well as they thought. Or:

B) They DID work, but the announcement would cause a HUGE demand. One they probably could not fulfill for months, and cause a nasty backlash from the entire country.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I'm thinking it's one of two things, Mike.

A) The drugs do not work as well as they thought. Or:

B) They DID work, but the announcement would cause a HUGE demand. One they probably could not fulfill for months, and cause a nasty backlash from the entire country.

Actually, on Sunday the FDA granted emergency-use authorization to hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate to treat COVID-19 patients. The emergency authorization requires patients to receive doses of the drugs via the U.S. federal stockpile. Drug manufacturers like Bayer and Novartis have already donated millions of doses and other companies are promising millions more (doses). One of the reasons that COVID-19 patients are required to be treated via the federal stockpile is that there has been a run on chloroquine, with many Drs. and patients trying to get it to use prophylactically, so it can be hard to find (Note: Z-pak is also seeing a run in demand). And then there is already bootlegging/counterfeits too.

It will take some time to complete the clinical trials in order for the FDA to further rule on the use of chloroquine. Afterall, the initial "study" that kicked off the interest in chloroquine involved only about 20 patients or so.

15. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast