autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: How to avoid germs - Gas Station

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post

I have added gloves to my car.

If it wasn't for the corona virus I think I wouldn't be too worried but in times like this I definitely see the need.

My wife as adopted this strategy too.

She just went to our local Publixs Grocery Store, she said it was like a ZOO!

She also said a LOT of the people shopping were wearing nitrile gloves and masks and we live in a small town.

I shared this health safety tip on my Facebook page yesterday, it's seen a good response. Most detailers already have nitrile gloves in their arsenal, might as well use them to protect yourself outside of detailing cars.

2. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Just scanned this thread looking for the person that recommended to,

Wipe your credit card with a sanitizing wipe

After inserting into card reader at gas pump.

Thank you for that tip, I have to make a short trip today before we go into lock-down mode and am adding this protocol to my gas station refueling best practice.

4. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Also just to note,

Here's the time stamp for when I posted this article.

01-28-2020, 10:55 PM

This was the day before I left for Orlando for Mobile Tech Expo. Back then this virus had not gone mainstream yet, being a new junkie I had been following it online.

After reading through most of the comments in this thread and now looking at where we're at today the word, surreal comes to mind.

I'll stick to what I wrote in the first sentence in the first paragraph of the post I started this thread with,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

I hate getting sick

A few weeks ago there were no incidents of the Coronavirus in our area, now there are multiple incidents in our area.

Everyone can decide what plan of action is best for them but until this passes or some type of remedy is available, I think it's time to do as is being recommended and self-quarantine as best as you can.

Nobody wants this, nobody. But reality is it's here and now we have to work together as a human race to get through it.

Stay safe my friends...

6. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Also...

As of this morning, Sunday, March 22nd, the Florida government has not locked the state down, as in travel restrictions. My guess is it's coming.

So plan accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

The only real changes I’ve made in this time has been to add a few dozen gloves into my personal vehicle and work van, and to keep 70% ipa wipes that I make myself in each/in my work bag. Also making an effort to stop touching my face when I’m anywhere but home.

Have to consider myself fortunate since working at a biopharm facility makes my job considered essential, but I know plenty of people have not been so lucky.

I’m fully expect to pick it up at some point, but hopefully it’ll just be down the road a little while.

It’s getting wild out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Here's the link to an interactive map that updates stats for the Coronavirus here in Florida.

Florida's COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard

If you go to Google and use some general search terms like,

Interactive coronavirus map YOUR STATE GOES here

You can probably find a state map for where you live.

As of today, the map is only showing 4 people in our county. I think these stats are the stats to watch,

Case for Martin County

Total cases: 4

Travel-Related: 1

Not Travel-Related: 3

I read this to mean 3 people have acquired the virus from other people or touching something that was contaminated.

Our neighbors are older, they went to Publix this morning for the shopping time set aside for senior citizens. They said it was a zoo. The line to get into the store went all they way down the frontage sidewalk past the local Bealls store.

They said no on was wearing gloves or masks. I'm not sure what kind of indicator this is? As long as no one has the virus is in the store I'd say everyone is safe. If one person is a carrier then everyone is at risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Here's the link to an interactive map that updates stats for the Coronavirus here in Florida.

Florida's COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard

If you go to Google and use some general search terms like,

Interactive coronavirus map YOUR STATE GOES here

You can probably find a state map for where you live.

As of today, the map is only showing 4 people in our county.

I see you guys are also quarantining NYers for 14 days.

Good move. They (NYC residents) are pouring out here onto the tip of Long Island in droves infecting everyone out here.

And we have no quarantine for them........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

I see you guys are also quarantining NYers for 14 days.

Good move. They (NYC residents) are pouring out here onto the tip of Long Island in droves infecting everyone out here.

And we have no quarantine for them........

While the idea is good on paper, it's only as good as the people and their being responsible and actually self-quarantining.

I've heard there are people flying down here and also driving down here - this goes back to wearing gloves when you get gas.

Even those who fly down here don't walk home from the airport, either someone picks them up or they get an Uber/Taxi to leave the airport. Now these people are in an enclosed compartment with re-circulating air and at some point - someone driving is going to get gas.

Everyone reading this - be pro-active if you're out driving and getting gas - get some nitrile gloves to wear. It's simple common sense.

I'm sorry, but from what I've seen others doing I have no confidence in others taking this seriously.

On our local news channel right now, ABC WPBF 25 - here are their current stats.

Palm Beach County - 101 cases and 3 deaths

Martin County - 4 cases and 0 deaths - this is where Stuart is located

St. Lucie County - 6 cases and 0 deaths - we have a lot of employees that live here

Indian River County - 11 cases and 0 deaths

Okkechobee County - 0 cases and 0 deaths

Broward County - 311 cases and 3 deaths --> If you watch Cops, you'll see they spend a lot of time in Broward County

So lets hope these numbers don't climb each day.

14. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    While the idea is good on paper, it's only as good as the people and their being responsible and actually self-quarantining.

I'm sorry, but from what I've seen others doing I have no confidence in others taking this seriously.

People are way too selfish, and can't be bothered. SMH.....

And, I hope you are right Mike.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

And, I hope you are right Mike.

I'm cautious when I say, I think these numbers are going to rise and rise substantially. We'll see each day what's happening.

This virus is very contagious. Today in the news it was reported the virus can live for 17 days on a surface. It's airborne at least in close proximity.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast