autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to avoid germs - Gas Station

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    1. I ABSOLUTELY believe this was a manufactured virus.

2. Funny it's out during the riots AND an election year.

3. I 100% believe this was the nasty stuff we all had over the holidays. So we basically all got it already. The symptoms are the same and the fact people got it again is consistent with people being able to get the COVID-19 again.

Just my 2 cents.
    FYI- still not panicking here or going out and buying up all the toilet paper.
    I don't get it...its so bad but they have time to make jokes about it but then at the same time say it really bad. I don't see them making jokes about AIDS or anything like that. If they wanna scare me then tell me it comes from Cookies and cream ice cream lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Been a little bit since I posted here, and my opinion hasn’t really changed.

People under 60 seem to have very little to worry about at the moment (other than potentially giving it to an older relative) so I think the panic is pretty unwarranted.

Anyone that is in the high risk group will already be practicing good hygiene because they’re also the ones that are high risk for a flu fatality as well (sorry if that sounds insensitive to some, but it’s the reality of almost every illness.)

So really, while it may be a different virus than the flu, I see no practical difference in the approach to avoid it. Basically just use common sense.

It’s not the Black Plague and it’s not killing young healthy people (if it mutates and does this - then worry), so I think the whole thing is kind of silly at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post

People under 60 seem to have very little to worry about at the moment (other than potentially giving it to an older relative) so I think the panic is pretty unwarranted.
    Agree.

And I think you hit the nail on the head and that is,

Do what you can to avoid catching this virus to not only protect yourself but to protect those at risk around you.

There's nothing wrong with staying level-headed BUT putting into practice a few extra steps to protect yourself and thus protect those around you.

5. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The peak of this virus is likely to happen in June. As the saying goes, science doesn't require you to believe in it, so do your part: if you have a new continuous cough or a fever of 100F, self-isolate for 7 days. YouTube

7. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Just to add....

I started this thread originally to share how I avoid turning the steering wheel in my car into a Pitrie Dish while I drive to the airport when travelling for roadshow classes and other events. I'm a news junkie so I had been aware of the Coronavirus outbreak in China probably well before the masses.

Another topic has come up that is related to this virus and that is the topic of detailers and their exposure to the virus via detailing other people's cars. To me, the real risk is being asked to detail someone's car where that person is NOT aware that they have been exposed to the virus and are thus passing it onto others.

I've started a dedicated thread to discuss safety and prevention here,

Coronavirus - Covid-19 - Safe Detailing?

I don't know the answer as to how to 100% protect yourself from exposure to this virus when handling other people's cars so please feel free to chime-in and share your thoughts.

Also - moving forward, while no one wants this virus issue in our lives and in our world, my guess is there's going to be an uptick in business with people wanting to have their car's cleaned and sanitized.

Not exactly the opportunity any of us wants but the reality is - there's going to be a market for this type of detailing.

9. Likes JKDesign, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

We've had a lot of new people join so this is for them.

Also - I've spoken with a bunch of people yesterday and today and told them about this article an the "Best Practice"

At the end of the day, you're responsible for your health and safety and the health and safety of your circle of friends and family. After this current Coronavirus passes there will be something new to come down the road.

My practice and recommendation is to start NOW and implement methods that prevent you from touching all the things others touch.

Your choice, I've already made my choice.

11. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have added gloves to my car. If it wasn't for the corona virus I think I wouldn't be too worried but in times like this I definitely see the need. I already use the app for Exxon on my phone so the only contact I have is with the nozzle (and I use the nozzle to tap the grade I want). A single glove on my right hand and at the end pull like Mike shows and throw it in the trash.
    Bruno Soares

13. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I have added gloves to my car. If it wasn't for the corona virus I think I wouldn't be too worried but in times like this I definitely see the need. I already use the app for Exxon on my phone so the only contact I have is with the nozzle (and I use the nozzle to tap the grade I want). A single glove on my right hand and at the end pull like Mike shows and throw it in the trash.
    I have started doing the same thing.

I am the one mainly responsible for gassing new and used vehicles at the dealer I work for.

Some days, I'm at the gas station up to 10 times.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I have started doing the same thing.

I am the one mainly responsible for gassing new and used vehicles at the dealer I work for.

Some days, I'm at the gas station up to 10 times.
    Do you get to use their card to fill up your car too?
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Do you get to use their card to fill up your car too?
    Unfortunately, no.

And it would be HUGE help with the Hemi.......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast