autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to avoid germs - Gas Station

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Another guy had this same topic in the U.K. where I also post.

How to avoid germs at the Gas Station - Detailing World

I guess my main reason to re-share was the gloves may be getting scarce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Just wanted to revisit the thought of one time use of gloves. (My post was from April, Mike's from the recent sale July 15 ) Again, hygienically single use is the right thing to do, but like I mentioned in my post a while back - availability on gloves is likely to get scarce. Example: Autogeek is out of stock of their offerings.

I work in auto repair - I spoke a couple weeks ago with the supplier that stocks our shop supplies (gloves included). He's been on daily quests to source and obtain gloves to sell to his customers. We're no longer able to request our preferred gloves, you can only request getting gloves period. I don't think we've been able to get our preferred gloves since May, maybe even April.

He mentioned he had recently been on a conference call with his company's suppliers, they were telling him it's likely going to be spring of 2021 before they're expecting supplies to be back up. He said they talked about the companies making gloves experiencing materials shortages; I wouldn't be surprised if there are bottlenecks from various shut-downs that have been taking place as well.

Thought I'd throw a heads up out there. Do as you please with your gloves, but I'll continue "quarantining" the one's I've worn to be batch-washed and reused. If nothing else, I'm saving money on gloves and preventing waste.
    Leaving them in the sun in a hot car will probably kill the coronavirus very quickly. It is said not to tolerate heat very well. BTW, the black nitrile gloves stocked by Autogeek are much thicker and more durable than the violet ones you can buy at Sam's Club, and even at that the violet gloves are out of stock anyway.

RamAirV1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    He mentioned he had recently been on a conference call with his company's suppliers, they were telling him it's likely going to be spring of 2021 before they're expecting supplies to be back up. He said they talked about the companies making gloves experiencing materials shortages; I wouldn't be surprised if there are bottlenecks from various shut-downs that have been taking place as well.

This was a topic at a recent SME (Society of Mfg. Engineers) tele-meeting. There are serious material shortages throughout many industries in the U.S. right now, it's especially bad in the pharmaceutical industry and that's really concerning. The reason is simple ... we have an idiot in charge who knows nothing about manufacturing/industry and thinks it's a great idea to revive trade wars with China in the midst of the pandemic. Guess who supplies a whole lot of our (and the world's) raw materials, esp. chemicals ? Clearly China is no friend to the U.S., but with regard to trade and esp. the supply of critical raw materials, the philosophy of Michael Corleone (and maybe Sun Tzu) would serve us much better - "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

Mike Phillips

So......

I was watching TV last night and looks like Tommie Copper read my article,

5. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

So......

I was watching TV last night and looks like Tommie Copper read my article,

7. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415