autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to avoid germs - Gas Station

Chloroquine is already sold out everywhere and those that suffer from Lupus or RA are struggling to get the drugs they need to live comfortably. All because of the hype made by announcing too early that Chloroquine and a Z pack looked promising to treat COVID-19.
    Some dumb people even took Chloroquine trying to prevent getting coronavirus and got sick because of the medication which has serious side effects if not administered properly.
    Now they are saying the serum from those that recovered is a better plan, inject it into the sick and the antibodies created by someone who recovered will help the sick fight the disease. So those that recover need to donate their serum if they can.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I’m probably going to have to go to the gas station this weekend. I’m gonna dread it with the glove and all and then there’s next week’s food shopping. I wish I had a bubble to walk around in!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post

Chloroquine is already sold out everywhere and those that suffer from Lupus or RA are struggling to get the drugs they need to live comfortably. All because of the hype made by announcing too early that Chloroquine and a Z pack looked promising to treat COVID-19.
    How can it be,

"Sold out"

It's prescription only from a Dr.?

Some dumb people even took Chloroquine trying to prevent getting coronavirus and got sick because of the medication which has serious side effects if not administered properly.
    That was not the same product. It was a fish tank cleaner. And the MSM was faster than lightening to place blame.

Fact-check: Don’t drink chloroquine fish-tank cleaner to stop coronavirus. It might kill you. - News - Austin American-Statesman - Austin, TX

I also read somewhere there's more to the story than what is presented.

Now they are saying the serum from those that recovered is a better plan, inject it into the sick and the antibodies created by someone who recovered will help the sick fight the disease. So those that recover need to donate their serum if they can.
    I'm all for whatever helps us, as in the world, kick this thing.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s not prescription only in some countries. And in the US the drug makers sent all they had to places like NY so they could see if it worked. I heard patients saying CVS, for example, calling them and saying they can’t fill the next refill because they can’t source the drug at the moment. The government took it all to try and fix COVID-19 and forgot others might need the drug for its intended purpose.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

In Brazil, a place where prescription was not required, people bought the drug like people bought toilet paper here. So it’s sold out everywhere and there were many reports of self medicating people getting sick while trying to prevent this new virus taking the drug they were never prescribed. Dangerous stuff.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    That was not the same product. It was a fish tank cleaner.
    Actually it was the same chemical, chloroquine phosphate, just in commercial form vs. pharmaceutical grade. But still the exact same chemical. What actually killed one and sickened the other is how much they took, all at once. Per the attending Dr., they took at least 2 days' worth of normal dosage all at once.

The fact-check article you linked is confused in its explanations of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine.

Chloroquine phosphate is used almost exclusively now for prophylaxis against malaria (but not treatment of malaria because the microbe which causes malaria developed resistance to chloroquine). As such, hydroxychloroquine (aka Plaquenil) was created as a derivative of chloroquine, and it is far, far less toxic, leading to it being the preferred treatment for people with lupus and RA. Chloroquine usage and esp. production has thus been widely cut back.

The real key is that the Chinese used hydroxychloroquine, not chloroquine, in their attempts at COVID-19 treatment. So did the French, although there is one French scientist who has done one uncontrolled study using chloroquine instead.

As such, the danger has come from uneducated people just casually thinking/associating/theorizing/promoting that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine could just be used interchangeably in COVID-19 treatment. In controlled conditions and dosages, that may be the case, but certainly not outside those boundaries. This is another reason why the FDA has only given limited approval for use of hydroxychloroquine (and chloroquine) to treat COVID-19 and is dispensing the drug themselves to help ensure/control that this usage is done properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Must buy some nitrile gloves. I’ve been using my dogs (do a deed) bags.

8. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Luckily I found a box (of latex gloves) in the garage that I’m now going to use during shopping trips. They are made for medical pros so they ought to be just fine.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Be safe y'all they are now saying it's airborne so it lingers in the air when people speak even if you're not next to them but later walk through it so wear a face mask when in public.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app

11. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Be safe y'all they are now saying it's airborne so it lingers in the air when people speak even if you're not next to them but later walk through it so wear a face mask when in public.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Thanks. Do you have a source for this ? Just asking.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast