autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

First time detailing your car? Watch this video - It shows everything you need to know and do

First time detailing your car? Watch this video - It shows everything you need to know and do

If you're new to car detailing, or perhaps you were given your first polisher for Christmas, no problem... we were all new to car detailing at one point.

This video shows you exactly what to do and how to do it and as is my normal teaching style, I tell you WHY you're doing it.

Maybe I'll re-watch it and the LIST every tip or technique I share in the video. While it does show me using the Porter Cable 7424XP, you can use the SAME EXACT TECHNNIQUES with dang near ANY other brand or type of polisher except the BEAST. With the BEAST you can tackle much larger section due to the power it has.

2. Thanks wrz0170, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First time detailing your car? Watch this video - It shows everything you need to know and do

It is a great resource for anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First time detailing your car? Watch this video - It shows everything you need to know and do

Agreed. I've seen it myself, repeated several parts, and have sent the link to others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    With the BEAST you can tackle much larger section due to the power it has.
    Mike - can you explain why this is? I thought the reason you can't expand much past a 2x2 section was due to the polish or compound drying out. thanks.

6. Likes Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interested in that answer as well. I'm sure it will be great

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Great video indeed.

I play a lot of Autogeek/Mike Phillips videos from YouTube on the shop TV, I just select a Playlist & let them run.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    Mike - can you explain why this is? I thought the reason you can't expand much past a 2x2 section was due to the polish or compound drying out. thanks.
    I'm not Mike, but the reason is that the Beast can correct faster with less section passes.

That said, don't just assume you can do half a car with it at once. The section size is always tied to 3 things: Tool(s), Abrasive technology, and experience/user technique.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

Maybe I'll re-watch it and the LIST every tip or technique I share in the video.

While it does show me using the Porter Cable 7424XP, you can use the SAME EXACT TECHNNIQUES with dang near ANY other brand or type of polisher except the BEAST.

With the BEAST you can tackle much larger section due to the power it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post

Mike - can you explain why this is?

I thought the reason you can't expand much past a 2x2 section was due to the polish or compound drying out.

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post

Interested in that answer as well. I'm sure it will be great

The reason why you can tackler larger sections with the BEAST aka the FLEX XC 3401 VRG (no one but me is ever going to say the full name or type the full name of the BEAST), is because it has so much power.

It's gear-driven and offers an 8mm orbit stroke length. You can push down hard on it and as I like to say,

Plow through a detail job

See my recent article here,

Why I call the FLEX 3401 the BEAST! by Mike Phillips

I demonstrated this at all my classes too. I'll probably demonstrate this in one of my classes at Mobile Tech Expo in a few weeks.

2020 Mobile Tech Expo Class Schedule for Education Day on Thursday in Orlando, Florida