autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

As Seen On TV! Water Beading Car Wash - The perfect maintenance wash for coated cars!

As Seen On TV! Water Beading Car Wash - The perfect maintenance wash for coated cars!

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

As Seen on TV!

Back in October, Yancy and I travelled to Evansville, Indian to shoot some new segments for My Classic Car wit Dennis Gage.

Dennis and I taking a look at the FLEX PXE 80

One of the products we showcased is the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash. My new go-to car wash for my own cars and a car wash I recommend to my friends that are into cars and take good care with regular maintenance of their cars.

Me being a ham on the set when recording product segments...

B-roll

After shooting 2 full days of new content, we came back to Stuart, Florida as then after the big SEMA show, Yancy and I started shooting what's called b-roll. B-roll is the video footage that is inserted into a segment that showcases the product being talked about in action. To shoot the b-roll for the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash we borrowed one of our co-worker's (Bobby), families cars a 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee.

It's a cool car and we've used it for other video work. It's been a while since it has been properly washed and waxed and that made it the perfect car to showcase what this cool car wash can do to neglected cars. Keep in mind, this is not a Miracle Car Wash intended to be a Band-Aid for regular maintenance it just so happens it will work on neglected paint. It's better to regularly maintain your car and then it works even BETTER.

I'll let the picture do the talking but basically what we did was wash every body panel of the car EXCEPT the driver's side of the hood. Anywhere the wash mitt with the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash was pushed over the car it caused the water to instantly bead up by depositing SiO2 that's in the wash.

Here's Yancy capturing b-roll that shows the before and after difference in water beading JUST from using the car wash.

Driver's side - zero water beading, also look at the driver's side half of the matte black vinyl graphics.

Look at the water beading after simply pushing a wash mitt over the paint.

After capturing the b-roll, we went ahead and washed the driver's side of the hood with the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash.

And then after drying the car....

Check out the smooth, glassy finish on the paint....

It's true it's a tick on the spendy side so don't use it on your neglected car, use it to pamper your well-taken-care of car.

On Autogeek.com

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash - 16 ounces

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash - 1 gallon

2. Likes Diner, Thomkirby liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: As Seen On TV! Water Beading Car Wash - The perfect maintenance wash for coated cars!

More....

Check out my review - the first time I ever used the product....

Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

And also this write-up I did after using it the first time on one of my own vehicles....

KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

There's TONS of helpful info in both of the above write-ups.

Mike Phillips

Re: As Seen On TV! Water Beading Car Wash - The perfect maintenance wash for coated cars!

Watch for this segment starting in 2020 on My Classic Car!

Mike Phillips

More....

After this was was introduced, I started sharing it in my classes. It takes more time to STOP what we're doing and show this product but I know the people taking class will dig this product IF they see it demonstrated LIVE in front of their very own 2 eyeballs.

I did this at this class,

Pictures - Allentown, Pennsylvania Roadshow Car Detailing Class

Here's the pictures,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Paint chemical decontamination...

After washing the Buick in the above pictures, and this included,

SONAX Fallout Remover to chemically decontaminate the paint.
    Nanoskin Towels and Mitts to mechanically decontaminate the paint.
    BLACKFIRE Foam Soap to wash off normal loose dirt

After the above plus machine polishing the glass and cleaning the wheels and tires then I wash ONE HALF of the hood using Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash.

Here's the results....

Just to note - the car was completely washed FIRST and THEN I washed ONLY the driver's side of the hood with the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash.

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash is NOT a miracle product to replace NORMAL washing, claying, polishing and waxing. You're supposed to do these things as a part of taking care of your car.

THEN when you do use this product - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash - it creates and maintains a hydrophobic surface and this provides,

1. Self-cleaning anytime it rains hard.
    2. Faster washing.
    3. Faster drying and easier drying using a car dryer.
    4. Excellent gloss and shine.

6. Thanks PEAD19 thanked for this post
    Likes PEAD19 liked this post