autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: 600+ How-To Articles & 200+ Product Reviews by Mike Phillips at www.AutogeekOnline.net

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post

I am typing on that keyboard on my work computer now!

How do you like it? When you type do the keys make a clickity-clack sound?

Installed the new MS Full Ergo, feels nice to type on a fresh, clean crisp keyboard.

New keyboard on the left, old keyboard on the right...

Can's see in the picture but missing the letters S, D, F and C are mossing and the plastic is worn smooth...

Ahh.... clean and crisp....

Mike Phillips

Re: 600+ How-To Articles & 200+ Product Reviews by Mike Phillips at www.AutogeekOnline.net

Quote Originally Posted by vincec View Post

Go with a gaming keyboard in the future if possible. Much higher quality keys and a better typing experience IMO.

I've gone through 4 or 5 of that style both Logitech and Microsoft and moved to a higher end gaming keyboard and like it a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by vincec View Post

That's why I tried the Logitech Gaming Keyboard and mouse this time.

This is the keyboard I'm using now.

Logitech Gaming Keyboard

I've never been a Gamer and never used a gaming keyboard. Looking on BestBuy, there's a lot of options.

What's the key benefit to a gaming keyboard versus a normally keyboard taking into consideration I don't game, just type out huge quantities of text on a daily basis.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post

Thank you for this.

KEEP ON ROCKING!

Thanks bud!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I've never been a Gamer and never used a gaming keyboard. Looking on BestBuy, there's a lot of options.

What's the key benefit to a gaming keyboard versus a normally keyboard taking into consideration I don't game, just type out huge quantities of text on a daily basis.

Mike,

I don't game either, my grandson kids with me that I have an awesome gaming rig but I don't game with it. I build my own computers when it's time to upgrade and can select the highest quality components and get 5-6 years or more of use out of them before they become obsolete and need to be replaced. I usually give them to my wife for surfing the web well before that and build a new rig. I also get a high level of performance that I use for CAD and GIS related work and running numerous programs simultaneously without a noticeable slowdown in system performance.

The benefit of gaming keyboards are the mechanical switches the keys attach to, Cherry MX, Blue Switch - Tactile & Clicky, Brown Switch - Tactile Quiet, Red Switch - Linear & Quiet, etc. When your typing with these type keys they just feel different, more precise. It's all about the quality of the switches. It's like buying high quality tools, you can feel the difference when you hold and use them! When I moved to the current Logitech keyboard I noticed a difference right away. I also found that there are a lot of choices in wired keyboards and mice in the gaming category.

At my office I have the same keyboard you just got and the ergo took a little getting use to. I do like it, and the fact that I can program all the buttons for specific shortcuts or programs to launch. I was looking for the Logitech keyboard you have at your home office for work, but in the wired version, but found they were not making it any more. I had one of those at home too. That's when I went with the Microsoft ergo keyboard at work. I don't like using wireless keyboards and mice for extensive computer work as they seem to lag a bit when I'm moving fast and I get really impatient. I'm on the computer at work and at home quite a bit and also do a lot of typing. My two cents! Hope it helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    How do you like it? When you type do the keys make a clickity-clack sound?
    The keys make a pleasing clickity-clack sound, which I like too. The space bar has become a little noisy, but otherwise I like the keyboard. I had not used a 'wave' type keyboard before, but I have grown to like it for typing/coding all day.

Post Thanks / Like

your a first ballot for hall of fame. How do u remember what you had already written?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Mike, that’s outstanding.

We appreciate every second you give to this industry. I’m pretty sure there will never be anyone that will come close to documenting/sharing so much knowledge in the detailing world as much as you have.

Thank you Mike.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

600+ How-To Articles & 200+ Product Reviews by Mike Phillips at Autogeekonline Auto Detailing Forum
    and we're talking keyboards. LOL

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jim w View Post

600+ How-To Articles & 200+ Product Reviews by Mike Phillips at

Autogeekonline Auto Detailing Forum

and we're talking keyboards. LOL

Yeah kind of funny....

I did finally whittle my keyboard down to a decision. I picked the

Logitech - G915 LIGHTSPEED Wireless RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with GL Clicky Switch

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Good luck with it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast