autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

A great quote from John Dillon - When the topic of what's in the bottle comes up, simply put the focus on the performance of the product

A great quote from John Dillon - When the topic of what's in the bottle comes up, simply put the focus on the performance of the product

I think I included this quote in my first how-to book The Art of Detailing? Regardless, I use it all the time when the discussion of

What's in the bottle?

Comes up in the car detailing world.

I hope Matt won't mind me quoting him below as I stole this from post #35 from this thread and keeping it in context works.

Mckees paint coating vs pinnacle black label paint coating?

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post

You just need to put your faith in the company and chemists that are making the products.

You have hit the nail on the head.

I hope by now in the blogosphere I'm known for never stealing other guys stuff and in fact just the opposite, I always give due credit where credit is due. Of course I rarely see this from others but that's there problem.

To your point and mine, years ago when there was a flaming wax war over whether or not there were abrasives in Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax, at that time I was the front line Wax Warrior for Meguiar's as I ran their detailing discussion forum.

When discussion the problems with all the fighting in the forum world (facebook didn't exist back then but I think MySpace did), John Dillon at Meguiar's, (at that time, I don't know if he's still there or not), gave me some GREAT advice that I not only remember to this day but give him due credit for whenever I share his wise words. You will also find his name and his quote in my how-to book, The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine, but I forget where?

Here's the advice he gave me,

Mike,

When the topic of what's in the bottle comes up, simply put the focus on the performance of the product - John Dillon

And he's right. Wax companies are secretive because it's a very competitive business.

I use to tell people that Meguiar's will start telling you what's in the bottle as soon as all the other wax companies start telling you what's in their bottles and that for the most part shut people up as they realize that's the reality of the car wax business, (or coating business), or ANY business except for open source software coding.

I'm like you guys, of course I'm curios about what's in the bottle and chemistry in general.

But at the end of the day, I put my trust in a brand I know and focus on the performance of the product.

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: A great quote from John Dillon - When the topic of what's in the bottle comes up, simply put the focus on the performance of the product

Mike Phillips

Re: A great quote from John Dillon - When the topic of what's in the bottle comes up, simply put the focus on the performance of the product

Shared here,

simple green