autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Must Have Wheel Cleaning Brushes that make cleaning wheels fast and easy

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

So the short bristled DA brush is recommended for tires more-so than the long bristled brush?

When I first started using the cordless PE14 and these brushes I started out using the short bristle brush. I'm now using the long bristle brush - the longer bristles do seem to work better.

I couldn't find any pictures of me using the long bristle brush this way - I'm sure I have some, just wrote this article on-the-fly....

My class in Auburn will be using this set-up first thing Saturday morning. I'll get some pictures.

2. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I feel like I’ve just cleaned & scrubbed a set of wheels & tyres.

What an EPIC write up Mike! It’s hard to read that & not want to break out the wheel bucket & brushes & find some wheels to do. Like most things - a quality brush is going to perform better every time.

I had seen your set up with the Mighty Mini before but I searched for it a couple of times & couldn’t find a thread about it & for the life of me, couldn’t find the picture I had seen either. So it is a Cyclo Brush! Excellent! I have a Mighty Mini (not called that here) & a bunch of Cyclo Brushes (a shop favourite for me - Hard working tool! ) I’m going to put this combo together on Monday. A much safer option than having a cord around near water like I do now.

Brilliant thread Mike, thank you.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Wow! I feel like I’ve just cleaned & scrubbed a set of wheels & tyres.

What an EPIC write up Mike!
    Thanks Aaryn....

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

I had seen your set up with the Mighty Mini before but I searched for it a couple of times & couldn’t find a thread about it & for the life of me, couldn’t find the picture I had seen either. So it is a Cyclo Brush! Excellent! I have a Mighty Mini (not called that here) & a bunch of Cyclo Brushes (a shop favourite for me - Hard working tool! )

I’m going to put this combo together on Monday. A much safer option than having a cord around near water like I do now.

Yeah.... I've been shocked before so when we brought the Mighty Mini in to the AG store the first thing I though of was not spot buffing paint but machine scrubbing tires without getting shocked!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    When I first started using the cordless PE14 and these brushes I started out using the short bristle brush. I'm now using the long bristle brush - the longer bristles do seem to work better.

I couldn't find any pictures of me using the long bristle brush this way - I'm sure I have some, just wrote this article on-the-fly....

My class in Auburn will be using this set-up first thing Saturday morning. I'll get some pictures.

Perfect, I look forward to the pics of the long bristle brush in action... but based on your advice alone, I would already have led down that path. Will be ordering a long bristle head soon.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

Perfect, I look forward to the pics of the long bristle brush in action... but based on your advice alone, I would already have led down that path.

Will be ordering a long bristle head soon.

I didn't get a very good close-up of the bristles flexing around the shape of the sidewall, but here's from the Auburn class

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px.

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px.

Might be a few more pictures here,

Here’s the power of teamwork and BLACKFIRE One Step!

OR here,

Short 1" bristle brush

10 cars detailed in 2 days! Texas Roadshow Detailing Class!

Here's Todd machine scrubbing the tires using the Cordless FLEX PE14 -

Roberto came all the way to Texas from Puerto Rico to take this class!

Long 1.5" Bristle Brush

Roberto came all the way to Texas from Puerto Rico to take this class!

I have a class this Saturday, I'll try to take more pictures of more people using this new technique to get tire clean.

Mike Phillips

Shared here,

Wheel brushes

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12