autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Coated under 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post

This one:How to maintain a Coated Garage Queen by Mike Phillips?
    Sorry, but I didn't get your PM until after I left work. I'm out of the office until July 9th but when I return I'll process the paperwork to get your prize shipped to you and it will include a bottle of the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash to test out.

KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

Quote Originally Posted by 986DTM View Post
    I processed your order yesterday and it should ship today. I also included a bottle of the Wolfgang SiO2 Coating Wash for you to test out.

I processed your order yesterday and it will ship out today. And I also included a bottle of the Wolfgang SiO2 Coating Wash for you to test out.

KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

Thanks for playing everyone!

2. Likes acuRAS82, Diner, 986DTM, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading all the associated articles, it appears that Mike used the PBL Diamond Surface Coating as a topper to the vehicle's original coating. So, how would it perform as a LSP ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I machine scrubbed the heck out of them tonight after work.

That looks cool. How stiff are the bristles on that brush? Most tire brushes are super stiff but I feel like you would want something a little softer for using with a drill?

I'm def trying it that way next time I coat my tires. I got the new black label kit ready to go.

5. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    After reading all the associated articles, it appears that Mike used the PBL Diamond Surface Coating as a topper to the vehicle's original coating. So, how would it perform as a LSP ?
    It’s meant as an LSP, using it as a topper is a versatile alternate use. I’m sure it would perform well as an LSP, probably similar to PBL Coating but a little less durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. I appreciate the soap too.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

That's just not fair !!!

P.S. Will you do mine ? It's a white Honda too ...

I think it's kind of funny how a lot of detailers I meet own white vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coated under 15 minutes using PBL Surface Coating

Just wanted to follow up on the bottle I got from Mike to try out. I finally got around to using it for the first time this past weekend. This was the first coating I have applied but I found it very easy to use once you get the hang of it. My observations:

- High spots were easily knocked down when I was giving the car a final look over
    - I definitely noticed an immediate increase in slickness as soon as it went on
    - The shine is excellent
    - I barely used any of the bottle doing a small sedan so it looks like it will go a long way
    - The total time to apply was definitely less than it would take me to use a typical sealant (i.e. WGDGPS) as you don't have to wait before wiping the product off
    - Can't comment on beading because the car has not gotten wet yet

I did not use the recommended surface cleansing lotion, but prior to application, the car was clayed, decon'd with iron x, polished with sonax cut and finish, then wiped down with N914 at the 1:8 prep wipe dilution. That seems to be the procedure for most coating applications, so I figured it would be sufficient for this product too. We shall see. I will withhold my final judgement until I see how durable the product is!

10. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 986DTM View Post

Just wanted to follow up on the bottle I got from Mike to try out. I finally got around to using it for the first time this past weekend. This was the first coating I have applied but I found it very easy to use once you get the hang of it.

My observations:

- High spots were easily knocked down when I was giving the car a final look over
    - I definitely noticed an immediate increase in slickness as soon as it went on
    - The shine is excellent
    - I barely used any of the bottle doing a small sedan so it looks like it will go a long way
    - The total time to apply was definitely less than it would take me to use a typical sealant (i.e. WGDGPS) as you don't have to wait before wiping the product off
    - Can't comment on beading because the car has not gotten wet yet

Thanks for the update!

I love this product.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the primary use of Diamond Surface Coating to go on top of other coatings or as a stand alone? Seeing the product page has a stated life of up to 3 years on paint I was thinking it would be a great stand alone product. It's expensive but seems more versatility and easier to use them other coatings such as CQuartz. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I followed Mike suggestions with both Diamond Paint Coating and then used the Diamond Surface Coating as the topper on my pearl white Lexus. Just the other night under the parking lot lights the shine was remarkable even though it has a slight road film from some recent rains. That combination seems to stay slick better than my Carpro SKIN over the PPF on the hood. I might try the Diamond Surface Coating over SKIN to see if that will improve. The more I try the PBL Diamond products I am impressed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast