autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

The easy way to share a picture on a forum - Tapatalk App for your cell phone

The easy way to share a picture on a forum - Tapatalk App for your cell phone

As a person that shares a LOT of pictures in the forum world using the best way, which is to upload pictures to a gallery so the pictures have an actual cyber home with an actual cyber address, I completely understand that the majority of people don't know how to do this and don't have the patience or wherewithal to figure it out.

So with that said, here's the easy way, simply get the TapaTalk App on your phone. Links below for the type of phone you have.

Link for TapaTalk for iPhone

Link for TapaTalk from Google Play

I don't have a tutorial on how to then use the App but I figure it out and if I can do it - most of you should be able to look at the interface and with a little experimenting - figure it out.

2. Likes AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The easy way to share a picture on a forum - Tapatalk App for your cell phone

I would post a TON of photos to the forum if it was a little easier. On some other forums I frequent its very easy to add them from a cellphone web browser into a forum post. Two clicks and I can have a photo inserted into my response to a post. Is there an easy way to do that on the AG forum? I'd love to be posting pics, how-to's and product reviews here. I do a lot of it on other forums. But I just haven't found an easy way to do it here yet.

Can it be done without using tap a talk? Because I really like viewing on the web browser.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The easy way to share a picture on a forum - Tapatalk App for your cell phone

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    I would post a TON of photos to the forum if it was a little easier. On some other forums I frequent its very easy to add them from a cellphone web browser into a forum post. Two clicks and I can have a photo inserted into my response to a post. Is there an easy way to do that on the AG forum? I'd love to be posting pics, how-to's and product reviews here. I do a lot of it on other forums. But I just haven't found an easy way to do it here yet.

Can it be done without using tap a talk? Because I really like viewing on the web browser.
    Download ago app and post from there... easy enough for me

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Likes AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    Download ago app and post from there... easy enough for me

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Yeah but I agree with him why do we have to get a special app to post pics easy? You should be able to do it from the web browser.

7. Likes Belo liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I would post a TON of photos to the forum if it was a little easier.

On some other forums I frequent its very easy to add them from a cellphone web browser into a forum post. Two clicks and I can have a photo inserted into my response to a post.

Do me a favor and see what FORUM SOFTWARE is being used on these other forums you find easier to post pictures via your phone via a web browser.

This forum runs vBulletin software and I myself, who is very forum savvy, cannot add a picture to it using a browser on my phone. I can via a computer, but not a phone.

This is why I use the TapaTalk App - it enables you to add a picture easily, at least as easy as is possible.

If the other forums you post to are using vBulletin software then that means we can do it here we just need to get the correct plugin of mod.

Because I really like viewing on the web browser.

Same here. I NEVER use the TapaTalk App to view or interact on our forum EXCEPT to add a picture.

For example, if I'm on the road I'll use Safari on my iphone to read and post to the forum but I'll switch over to the App to add a picture.

I'm all for making it easy but modifying the forum software is out of my real of expertise but I can share this feedback and information with management who then can sick our vB Mechanic on it.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

Yeah but I agree with him why do we have to get a special app to post pics easy?

You should be able to do it from the web browser.

Read my reply above. The issue, (not the problem), could be software related. If it is and it can be upgraded or modified, then I'll see if it can be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Do me a favor and see what FORUM SOFTWARE is being used on these other forums you find easier to post pictures via your phone via a web browser.
    Hey, Mike. At first glance, I'm unable to tell what software tacomaworld.com is running. I'll look into it. But it's so incredibly easy working with photos on that forum from the safari browser on iPhone. There's an "upload file" button at the bottom of the reply window whenever you respond to a forum post or create a new thread. Literally two clicks to select the image, and a third click to insert the photo in the reply. You can add as many photos as you want. Either embedded in the text or as attachments.

In five seconds, I can have 3 images inserted into a reply, such as the one I'm typing here right now. On a cell phone (eg. Safari), you can view the forum as it appears on a computer (albeit very small) or you can toggle a phone mode and it basically functions (and looks) like it does on a computer but it's all resized to appear larger on a phone screen.

I love the AG community, but I'd contribute MUCH more to the forum if it worked like the Tacoma World forum software does. I do realize there's a wealth of info in the AG archive and it's not always possible to do a seamless migration when it comes to "internet stuff". But I think it would be worth it for AG to at least look into this.

TacomaWorld.com, 4runners.com, there are several forums out there that use the same software. And from an "end user" standpoint, it's just so easy to use, for both browsing and posting.

Mike Phillips

Thanks for sharing the forums. I checked them out and the branding for the forum software has been removed. This is usually an option you can pay extra for as the forum owner.

Definitely doesn’t look or feel like a vB forum.

To “migrate” from one forum software to another can be done - it’s usually messy at best.

12. Likes AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tapatalk is nice for posting photos. But it sure does drain the battery pretty quick. One of the complaints I have about the app.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Tapatalk is nice for posting photos. But it sure does drain the battery pretty quick. One of the complaints I have about the app.
    I’ve never noticed that issue on my phone?
    What phone do you use?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast