autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: The easy way to share a picture on a forum - Tapatalk App for your cell phone

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post

Mike - the "Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums" at ford-trucks dot com uses vBulletin and photo uploads from my web browser create huge full-size images.

Chris

That's interesting.

One thing though - sharing HUGE pictures is stupid to me. If the software doesn't resize to a smaller version then it forces me (and everyone else) to horizontal scroll to see the entire picture and when scroll from one side to the other side to see the rest of the picture part of the picture is scrolling off the screen so you never truly see the entire pictures.

If the software DOES resize the picture then someone is paying to hold the HUGE pictures everyone is uploading.

Server space cost money over time. And the reason people upload huge pictures is typically because they are unable or unwilling to learn or teach themselves how to work with pictures on a forum.

I'm kind of done or over with trying to teach people. No one taught me. I taught myself.

I upload THOUSANDS of pictures every year. They are all 800 pixels wide with no distortion. They never disappear like all the Photobucket pictures.

Here's just one example of HUNDREDS of pictures I added just this year.

Pictures: May 2019 Detailing Bootcamp Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

This is 800 pixels wide

So I don't know that a forum that allows their members to upload/share/insert HUGE pictures is a good thing.

It's good for lazy guys I guess and we have plenty of them in this world.

Mike Phillips

Re: The easy way to share a picture on a forum - Tapatalk App for your cell phone

Also for the record

I've sent the link to this thread to Admin and they say they will look into XenForo forum software, the one AZpolisher15 referenced in the first page of this thread.

Migrating an established forum like this to different forum software is a HUGE undertaking and my experience is you LOSE a lot of info and also pictures.

So I doubt it will happen. It would be easier to shut this forum down but leave it available for Google to index as Google does a great job of sending people here to get information upon which they then purchase products based upon the info. That's powerful Don't want to loose this little treasure trove of business.

Then start a fresh, new forum.

I'm not a part of any of these decisions though...

3. Likes AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forum migrations are bloody, you lose context of folklore and generally anger everyone. Cheaper to hire vBulletin developers to fix the image problems one way or another.

Mike Phillips

Ha ha....

I typed this into Skynet

tapatalk app mike phillips autogeekonline.net

And this thread came up as the number #1 search result.

Mike Phillips

Bump bump bump

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    I would post a TON of photos to the forum if it was a little easier. On some other forums I frequent its very easy to add them from a cellphone web browser into a forum post. Two clicks and I can have a photo inserted into my response to a post. Is there an easy way to do that on the AG forum? I'd love to be posting pics, how-to's and product reviews here. I do a lot of it on other forums. But I just haven't found an easy way to do it here yet.

Can it be done without using tap a talk? Because I really like viewing on the web browser.
    totally agree. and it's a shame considering what this page is all about.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

8. Likes AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

a forum where i visit apparently uses Invision Community - Forum software, CMS, eCommerce & more - Invision Community

super easy to upload and share pics. like buttons and layout user friendly.

huntingny.com/forums if you want to see an example.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how much easier TapTalk could be to include a pic.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Mike Phillips

13. Thanks AZpolisher15 thanked for this post
    Likes AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Use this App to do this -->

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast