autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Love Bug Tip - Rent a car - avoid the bugs

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Is it just May in Florida when this Love Bug problem is this bad?
    Then in the fall around September too. The past couple seasons have been mild. This one is really bad. And it lasts a full month or so, so really, renting a car is not an option, you'd have to rent one for a full month. LOL. They were out in full force today.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Then in the fall around September too. The past couple seasons have been mild. This one is really bad. And it lasts a full month or so, so really, renting a car is not an option, you'd have to rent one for a full month. LOL. They were out in full force today.
    Suddenly, the high 50's to upper 60's here in NY in May doesn't seem so damn bad...... Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not everywhere in Florida. It’s usually just near the center of the state going north from Orlando. There are no love bugs EVER in South Florida, where I am; Fort Lauderdale/ Miami /West Palm Beach.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Love Bug Tip - Rent a car - avoid the bugs

Not many in the Flagler and St Johns county area. I just drove up to St Johns the other day and got virtually no bugs. Barely any around locally in my town too
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    It is not everywhere in Florida. It’s usually just near the center of the state going north from Orlando. There are no love bugs EVER in South Florida, where I am; Fort Lauderdale/ Miami /West Palm Beach.
    I live close to you but out west by the Sawgrass and got covered with hundreds of flying swarming ants that are horrible also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Love Bug Tip - Rent a car - avoid the bugs

A regular Autogeek customer just stopped in to get some supplies and while he was here he shared his Jeep and all the Love Bugs he accumulated in about 2 hours on the I-95 Freeway. I took a few pictures and then made this post on my Facebook page,

Tip - Rent a car if you have to travel during Love Bug Season. Let the rental car take the damage.

At this point - it’s time to take this car to the coin-op car wash with about $20.00 in quarters and blast off as much of the dead bug bodies and bug guts as possible. Next try SONAX USA Insect Remover as it has an enzyme in it that will dissolve what’s left.

Cross your fingers the acid in the big guts has not eaten through the clearcoat and left crater etchings in the clearcoat and even into the basecoat.

I feel bad for this Jeep owner.

Learn from his experience- during Love Bug Season - rent a car.

Pictures

One word....

Gross!

O naw I would have threw that whole truck in the trash lol. That's just nasty lolLove Bug Tip - Rent a car - avoid the bugs

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I just had a car shipped from Florida to CA and the whole rear end is covered in this nastiness! Ive tried two different bug removers and after testing an area about 6 times, there's still some bug guts left behind. The car was shipped Saturday and I just got it today. Hopefully I can get them cleaned off asap! Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dunston View Post
    I just had a car shipped from Florida to CA and the whole rear end is covered in this nastiness! Ive tried two different bug removers and after testing an area about 6 times, there's still some bug guts left behind. The car was shipped Saturday and I just got it today. Hopefully I can get them cleaned off asap! Thanks for the help!
    When I moved to Fla from NJ, I shipped the car using an enclosed trailer. Their was no way I was putting the MB on an open trailer. I used Intercity and they were fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Love bug season is generally around May and September depending on the temperatures. 84 degrees is the magic temp. When they emerge, they are active mainly between 10 AM and 8 PM with 10 AM to 11 AM and then 6 PM to 8 PM being the peak hours. Basically cooler than 84 degrees they stay laid down and will be considerably less active when it's too far above 84. They are usually less at the coast and in urban areas. Plan trips accordingly and you avoid quite a bit of them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
    When I moved to Fla from NJ, I shipped the car using an enclosed trailer. Their was no way I was putting the MB on an open trailer. I used Intercity and they were fantastic.
    I also did the same thing from Jersey. I used Horseless Carriage. They were good but I think I would use Intercity another time
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast