autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

How to maintain a Coated Garage Queen by Mike Phillips

1969 Dodge Coronet with 426 Hemi Engine and 4-Speed - Numbers Matching

Paint correction and ceramic coating by Mike Phillips

The difference between taking care of a coated daily driver and a coated Garage Queen is in most cases, the Garage Queen is NOT washed. So how do you get the coated paint clean SAFELY? And then what do you do?

Here's a safe, practical way. The MOST IMPORTANT thing is the video and article I included in the 1st Edition of my Mike Phillips Newsletter. I'll include that article and video below. If you're NOT getting my newsletter then get signed up by sending me an e-mail

mike.phillips@Autogeek.net

How-to

Real simple...

Step 1: Clean car
    Mist on the Blackfire Instant Detailer to one panel at a time. Spread using ONE towel and then fold to the clean, dry side and wipe off reside. You are now DONE with this towel. Repeat to each panel. Use one towel per panel. Do the same for glass.

Step 2: Refresh coating look and feel
    Mist the BLACKFIRE Coating Booster to one panel at a time. Spread using ONE towel and then fold to the clean, dry side and wipe off reside. You are now DONE with this towel. Repeat to each panel. Use one towel per panel. Do the same for glass.

Step 3: Maintain your towel investment
    When you are done. Wash all towels together. Dry towels together. Store in a clean, safe place.

On Autogeek.com

BLACKFIRE Instant Detailer 32 oz

BLACKFIRE Coating Booster 32 oz

You can NEVER have too many high quality paint towels - I strongly recommend you get two 12 packs

12 Pack Forrest Green Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths

Then purchase a plastic container that seal tight and after washing and drying your paint care towels, (with a microfiber detergent), store them in the container to keep them clean and free from contamination. Mark the container so no one else uses your towels for other things. Dedicate these towels for your toy or garage queen.

Remember, it takes HOURS to buff the paint out on a car to perfection and install a ceramic paint coating.

It only takes SECONDS to put swirls and scratches back in because your towels are contaminated.

BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer - 1 gallon jug

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, kc0sco liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: How to maintain a Coated Garage Queen by Mike Phillips

Continued...

Easy-peasy Ceramic Coating Re-application - Show Car Maintenance and Prep

What?
    If you do the above cleaning and maintenance with the BLACKFIRE Detailer and Booster, and your careful AND your towels are clean, then that's enough for most people and most cars.

IF - notice that both letters are capitalized - IF you want to go above and beyond simple maintenance and MAINTAIN that supper high gloss and SLIPPERY FEEL to the paint, then get the product I'm showing below and learn to use it like pro. I'll make a video on how to use this product and add it to this thread. This is hands-down, the easiest ceramic coating there is to use and your car will always look great and feel great.

You need 2-3 towels for the final wipe and one towel to cut-up into your application towels.

Draw lines like you see here,

Cut one towel into 4 sections - these are you Surface Coating applicators.

Glove-up...

Use one towel section to gently spread the Surface coating to one panel at a time and then give that panel a final buff. When first starting out, mist a little Surface Coating onto one side of the towel and use this side all the way through the process to apply and spread coating.

ONLY --> mist a little of the Surface Coating to a panel as it will spread out very easily and if you don't overuse the product, as you spread it over the paint the majority of it will disappear into the paint. Still give the panel a final wipe.

When all painted body panels are coated and given a final wipe, use the towel to hit all the glass and then give the glass a final wipe.

Freaking amazing product on cars that are already coated.

On Autogeek.com

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating

You'll need one of these to cut into 4 squares and the others are for the final wipe. You can never have too many nice paint care towels.

12 Pack Forrest Green Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths

4. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Continued....

Click the link below. Watch the video. Read the article and look at the pictures. Then make this you new BEST PRACTICE. Share with all your car buddies that care about how their car's finish looks.

How, why & when to inspect your microfiber towels when detailing cars

6. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

More...

The Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating topped with the Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating is what I used on this old 2-door Dodge....

Bucket List Buff - 426 Hemi - 1969 Dodge Coronet

8. Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The coating makes the car very glassy and mirror-like but are there any coatings out there that mimic the depth of a carnauba wax? This is the look I’m after. I’ve stayed away from coatings because I’m not sure if any of them can replicate that special look.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post

The coating makes the car very glassy and mirror-like but are there any coatings out there that mimic the depth of a carnauba wax?

This is the look I’m after. I’ve stayed away from coatings because I’m not sure if any of them can replicate that special look.

At some point beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Maybe someone else has some input for your question?

Post Thanks / Like

I got some useful input via PM and one Polish Angel suggestion.

So there are products out there that are carnauba-coating hybrids. Those are probably going to give that wax-like look.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast