autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Simple Coating Applicator - KISS = Keep it simple Simon

This is the mini suede applicator size 3"×1.5"×1.5"

There is mini size and thin size 5"×3"×0.75" and thick size 5"×3"×1.75" and in mf suede applicator and mf terry applicator.

It claims that the barrier layer is stopping the foam inner layer to soak up product. This is a look through it.

Very interesting applicator it is. With products that little goes a long way it would be interesting to test these applicators with.

Post Thanks / Like

Or if you use the applicator blocks that you wrap with a small suede or microfiber towel (car pro, gyeon, britemax, etc), you can put the block in a glove or sandwich bag to keep the block from absorbing your product.

I’ve seen it referenced on the forums here, sorry can’t recall who it was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    There is a mf foam block that has a layer between the mf and foam that is a barrier so the coating don't get soaked in to the foam. Otherwise the standard mf foam block applicators would soak up the coating too much.
    They are great applicators for sure. Probably my favorite coating applicator. Even the regular microfiber applicators work better than the suede block even if they do absorb a little more product.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Now that sounds like a genius idea.

Can it be washed and re-used?

Or

Can it be recycled or disposed of and replaced at an inexpensive price?

Just thinking outloud. Thanks for sharing Tony.

Mike i just did an experiment for you. I used one of the smaller versions of the microfiber coating saver applicators with the new Cquartz Lite. I tossed the applicator into the wash and at first it felt soft and clean. Overnight it was a different story. The next day the applicator was on the crunchy side. They are on the cheap side as they are sold in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    This is the mini suede applicator size 3"×1.5"×1.5"

There is mini size and thin size 5"×3"×0.75" and thick size 5"×3"×1.75" and in mf suede applicator and mf terry applicator.

It claims that the barrier layer is stopping the foam inner layer to soak up product. This is a look through it.

Very interesting applicator it is. With products that little goes a long way it would be interesting to test these applicators with.
    The microfiber version are better than the suede versions in my experience.

CarPro just came out with their version.

Get more surface coverage out of your coatings - or wax and sealant - with our all new Microfiber Applicator pads!

Engineered with a unique core that transfers the highest amount of coating onto the surface, CarPro’s Microfiber Applicator pads are the ultimate installation tool to maximize protection and profitability.

Made with 100% lint-free fabric, our Microfiber Applicator doesn’t leave streaks and its unique finger pockets offer greater control for a precise application and easy removal.

Stop wasting your coating! Grab our new Microfiber Applicator pads:

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Or if you use the applicator blocks that you wrap with a small suede or microfiber towel (car pro, gyeon, britemax, etc), you can put the block in a glove or sandwich bag to keep the block from absorbing your product.

I’ve seen it referenced on the forums here, sorry can’t recall who it was.
    I tried this and it works but it is a bit cumbersome. Since I went to the autofiber coating saver applicators, I have rarely used the suede and block. The ergonomics are better with the saver applicators.

4. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just coated my car with cquk3. Tried the CP suede applicator with block and the Saver. Threw the block away. Way easier to handle and maneuver. The micro fibers do soak up more product at 1st but once primed the were great to work with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12