autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating

SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating

Anyone that's used this product knows what I'm talking about. It's about durability and how this product creates a hydrophobic surface that sheds water easily. And this is primarily what we like about ceramic paint coatings, that is they last a long time and create a hydrophobic surface that sheds water. The water shedding, that is high surface tension which cause water beading also makes the surface self-cleaning because as the water leaves the surface it takes anything else on the surface off with it, thus self-cleaning.

The thing about SONAX Polymer Net Shield is it's a lot easier to apply than most coatings and you can apply it to dang near any surface material, at least most car surface materials and by this I mean the primary surface materials found on the outside of a car, i.e. paint, glass and plastic.

It's NOT for a dirty, contaminated surface, so treat this product like a "finishing wax" or a "finishing sealant", that is the paint must first be clean and smooth to the touch, basically after you have done at least one machine polishing step after washing and claying. The apply to a small section at a time, wait about a minute and then wipe that section before moving onto a new section.

I tend to apply this to the hood, roof and trunk lid over any cleaner/wax I'm using when detailing a customer car. It's the horizontal surfaces that take the most beating from Mother Nature and also it's these surfaces that most people focus on when "looking" at a car. It's fast, only requires a small amount of product and it dramatically extends the water beading and protection of any cleaner/wax.

Here's the good news.... it's now available in a pocket-size aerosol container. This is a great way to test this product out and if you end up liking it or like many others including me, loving it, then next time you place an order with Autogeek bump up to the full size can.

SONAX Polymer Net Shield

Get them both here,

SONAX Polymer Net Shield 75 ml. - $9.99

SONAX Polymer Net Shield 340 ml. $29.99

SONAX Polymer Net Shield = good stuff....

2. Thanks edwelly, Diner, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes GEM65, SWETM, Thomkirby, VitreousHumor, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating

Mike-Any recommendations or special prep prior to applying?

Mike Phillips

Re: SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post

Mike-Any recommendations or special prep prior to applying?
    Not from me.... in fact, I apply it right over whatever I had just applied previously.

I hand apply it and then on some paints, I machine remove it.

Sometimes I just break all the rules... but my cars always come out looking great!

5. Thanks ski2, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes ronkh57, VitreousHumor, VISITOR, edwelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great stuffSONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating
    Use it after machine polish and maintain it with sonax spray + sealSONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating

Post Thanks / Like

Is this SiO2 based or enhanced? If not, what is it’s base (unless that’s a secret)?

Post Thanks / Like

I still haven’t tried this stuff. Hopefully I’ll remember to get the new size on my next order.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Despite a coatings additional hardness and its longevity, I actually think that Sonax PNS actually PROTECTS the paint better than most coatings. I'm not talking about beading, which is spectacular. I am talking about its ability to resist/prevent water spots from etching, from tree sap, leaf and pine needle debris etching and staining, bug excrement and squished remains etching and staining, and bird poop.

10. Thanks Ochnob thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

Is this SiO2 based or enhanced? If not, what is it’s base (unless that’s a secret)?
    It's a synthetic polymer based product, like the name on the can.

I've been to the SONAX facilities in Germany, this company is the real deal. They make their own products, have their own research facility and their own in-house chemists.

12. Likes HUMP DIESEL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

I hand apply it and then on some paints, I machine remove it.

Do you use the Chamberlin for that task

SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating-img_3446-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes ronkh57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I still haven’t tried this stuff. Hopefully I’ll remember to get the new size on my next order.
    You and me both. I need to try Polymer Net Shield and Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast